Best Slim video card to run Diablo3

AnNiMosSiTY

Limp Gawd
My buddy bought a premade SLIM desktop and its not bad. I'ts a Core I3 CPU 6GB Ram but has a slim,chassis. What's a decent video card that would fit in this case and run diablo3? Doesn't need to be a speed demon but just enough for him to play diablo3 cause that's all he is concerned about.

You mean low profile card? What's the desktop? Would be best to know what the actual desktop is (ie. link to Dell site or whatever) since the power supply is pretty important too.

Having been playing the beta, my 5830 1gb runs the game very well at 1080p usually well over 60fps, but the v sink will kick in in very heavy battles and drop it into the 30s, so if you can get a slim card in the range of a 6750 or better , and at least 1gb of vram, you should be good... Now, I havent played the crazier levels or harder difficulties, if he running a higher res, you might want to hit up 2gb Plus models.

Sapphire and HIS both do a low-profile HD6670 model for just under $100. Right now, short of ordering the low-profile 6870 that's only available in Japan, they're the best cards available in that form-factor. And they don't need any external power, either.

It comes out on May 15th if I remember correctly, so I agree with a low profile 6670. If you could wait maybe we'll see a 7000 series card, but that's pure speculation.

Make sure you or your friend checks the power supply in the box vs the power requirements of the card. A friend of mine bought a slim style emachine, and it didn't have the power to drive the card. Many slim style computers have <250w power supplies.

Edit: He bought a 6670, which had about a 300w requirement.

Back