Best slick but silent mouse pad

Colonel Sanders

Supreme [H]ardness
I've been thinking about getting a new mouse pad. I use a Steelseries QCK right now which is comfy but doesn't quite glide the way I want. I want a mouse pad that doesn't have much "standing" friction, in other words, I don't want the mouse to stick at all when first moving it. I had a Razer Goliathus before and it felt basically the same, although the texture was smoother.

I was thinking about trying a hard surface because they're supposed to have better gliding, but I can't stand the scraping sound they make when you mouse across them. It's like nails on chalkboard to me for some reason.

Can anyone recommend a pad with great slickness and gliding but still fairly quiet and smooth feeling?

I have always hated mouse pad shopping because everyone's terminology is a little different.

I like low friction, good glide, no sticktion, but a rough texture that helps to communicate by touch how far/fast you've moved the mouse.

I'm using a Func F.30R which I like a fair bit. I really like the Razer Destructor but it wore out very quickly (and I'm not even close to a hardcore user).

The closest I've ever come to something that I feel like fits what you want is the old Steelpad 5L... which they don't make anymore.

I never found anything that really matched the qualities that pad had.

I currently waffle back and forth between a Goliathus Speed and my old Steelseries SX. Like you the noise eventually gets to me with the SX, but the glide and way it works is pretty much perfect.

I use a Corsair MM400 which is a hard mat with a very low amount of friction. It is pretty much silent with my Logitech G700, but with the Logitech M510 I have for work it does make that scratchy sound.
It depends a lot on the mouse's feet.

I use a Steelseries 9HD and i like it a lot. Used a Qck before that and i like this one much better

Doubt you'll find anything slicker than these mouse pads from C4 NGen, especially the NGen 04.

http://www.c4ngen.com/

The old Icemats were superb glass mouse pads, but are damn near impossible to find, now.

The C4 NGen pads are very slick and if you use the mouse feet covers it comes with it's one of the most insanely slippery slick mousing surfaces I've ever used. That said... I wore a less slick spot about 4x4 inches in the middle of mine in about three months. It didn't last very long at all.

I recently bought a roccat hiro and love it. I was hesitant with the stupid price but it puts the steelseries 9hd it replaced to shame.

Back