Best size tube reservoir for a Swiftech MCP 35x

skline00

Limp Gawd
I have a Swiftech MCP 35X pump and also have the 100ml reservoir that attaches to the top of it. I'd rather use a separate tube res. What size makes sense for a single EK 480 PE rad, an EK Supremacy MX cpu block and gpu block such as an EK 290 block in a single loop loop?

Last edited:
Whatever size will fit in your case/setup. Pretty much everything will be bigger than the res swiftech sells with that pump. Out of curiosity, yours crack yet?

Very slight crack on side near the threaded port. Doesn't leak thankfully.

Reservoir size does not matter. Pick whatever fits and looks nice to you and is in your budget.

Very slight crack on side near the threaded port. Doesn't leak thankfully.
good thing your replacing it, because it will start to leak. they ALL crack and start to leak and always from that section. first one I had cracked right from the start. its replacement lasted two years with a few repair attempts before I finally got rid of it.

My biggest problem is cavitation when it is running full bore. At full titlt it really pumps fast. I saw where Martin of Martin's liquid lab did a mod but a larger longer tube connected by a short run of tube seems a much better way to go. I'm surprised Swiftech didn't make a little longer tube say 150 ml.

after I dumped their little res, I went with a remote mounted 750ml tube into the pump. I use copper hardline for the majority of my loop and the pump was basically floating on a rubber pad between the res and the radiator. made ZERO difference in cavitation noise. its just a noisy pump above 2000 rpm. When it works. after it got too unreliable, switched to PWM D5 and OMG the difference. should have gone that route from the start IMO.

Yep... Seen lots of people disappointed with the MCP35x (DDC) pumps, rarely any complaints about the MCP655 (D5) pumps.

I have D5s in both rigs below. I picked up a used MCP35x for a good price so I'll stick with it.

I picked up a Phobya Balancer 150 for a great price today on Amazon.

Amazon... I'm buying so much crap from Amazon these days. They have the best prices on just about everything.

I picked up a Phobya Balancer 150 for a great price today on Amazon.

Did the same thing. Replacing my Photon 270 combo. $26.00 on Amazon but I also heard reports of that leaking. Photon is big and is glass but is pretty restrictive. I want to put this Balancer inside the case but hope it doesn't leak.

Back