Best SFF / short video card?

dvsman

2[H]4U
So I'm thinking of bumping up the horsepower in my NCase box which currently has the SFF 970. Is there anything out there that has better performance of a similar size? Or may be coming down the pike soon?

I'm brand agnostic so either AMD / Nvidia is fine.

I currently have a SFF 970 an i think its perfect. You can put a full size card in the NCase cant you?

We're talking about an NCase M1, right? That can take a full 12" long card. It's kind of the point of its form-factor, or it would be shorter front to back. Why the hell would you ever put a SSF style card in that case?

EDIT: Unless you're running an ATX PSU in it, in which case I'd say it makes more sense to spend the money and switch to a SFX PSU, since that would vastly increase your options as far as powerful GPUs.

Yep it's the Mark I Ncase w/ an SFX PS (specs in sig). The only reason I'm running an SFF video card is for better airflow in the case. I used to have my older full size 780 GTX in there but wanted to clean up the cabling and I like the extra room to maneuver. Right now it's got an msata drive in it but I'm thinking of putting a bigger full size SSD drive back in it (which means running power/data cable vs. the msata, which didn't).

I agree on cabling within an ncase. But at the end of the day if your temps are good and you don't have wires getting hit by fan you're fine in that case. It's entirely invisible once the panels are on.

Nano is great for a very small size case but it also dumps 175w plus of heat right into it. If you can fit a blower type card in there, a.k.a 1070 man that would be the best choice. Hardest thing I found with the Nano is removing the heat which when done the Nano really can perform at 1050mhz and beyond.

A 970 is pretty damm good, I have a sff r380 in mine. I'm looking into getting a rx480 or rx470 when they drop and sff versions come out. Not sure if it will be much of an upgrade vs a 970 until we see
Reviews and benches. Heat and wattage should be better and if leaks are to be believed 980 level performance. For heat alone I'm going to upgrade.

Back