Best Self Contained CPU WC Kit

mangapc

Limp Gawd
What is the best water cooling kit for a AMD 8350-FX? I have looked at Corsair H60, Antec Kuhler, and a Cooler Master Seidon 120 for solutions. Which do you think is best?

Are you looking at the Kuhler 620 or 920? The 920 has a thicker radiator than the 620 and cools a bit better. Otherwise, all three of those are fairly similar so it comes down to price.
FYI, the very best of the self contained kits are the Swiftech H220 and Corsair H100i, in that order.

The Swiftech H220 is not a closed kit. If OP doesn't want to do maintenance, the H220 is not for him.

OP, for your case, the best one is probably either the NZXT Kraken X40 or the Corsair H90.

The Swiftech H220 is not a closed kit. If OP doesn't want to do maintenance, the H220 is not for him.

OP, for your case, the best one is probably either the NZXT Kraken X40 or the Corsair H90.

Technically the H220 arrives as a closed kit, prefilled, ready to go. You can expand on it if you'd like, in which case you would need to drain the coolant and refill.

Technically the H220 arrives as a closed kit, prefilled, ready to go. You can expand on it if you'd like, in which case you would need to drain the coolant and refill.

This.

I'd take the Swiftech part over the others, especially at the pricepoint it is at. Far better pump than any of the AIO clones.

This.

I'd take the Swiftech part over the others, especially at the pricepoint it is at. Far better pump than any of the AIO clones.

Except it doesn't quite fit in his case without modding.

I'd argue that the H220 is not a closed kit but rather it is available pre-assembled. ;)

There all made by the same two companies. Unless you consider the swiftech a closed loop kit.

Are you looking at the Kuhler 620 or 920? The 920 has a thicker radiator than the 620 and cools a bit better. Otherwise, all three of those are fairly similar so it comes down to price.
FYI, the very best of the self contained kits are the Swiftech H220 and Corsair H100i, in that order.

Thanks for the info.

I'd argue that the H220 is not a closed kit but rather it is available pre-assembled. ;)

Odd since I was using the words that were spoken directly from switech president at CES. He said it arrives prefilled, as a closed system. If the user wishes to open the system and upgrade, they can.

But either way, you get my point. Your first post was rather misleading.

I ended up going with the cooler master seidon 120m water cooling kit. It is amazing and keeping my processor very cool and noise level is pretty quiet. Only thing is I think I willl get two Noctua 120m fans and put in a push/pull on the radiator. Just to get maximum cooling.

I can say that I went from a Noctua NH-D14 to a Thermaltake Water 2 Extreme and I love the thing!
I tried a H50 before and was not impressed but this one is a beast.
I will post pics soon after I get my new ram or maybe a small video.
I bought it new BUT the guy somehow managed to mess up the radiator so I had to improvise to mount the fans...well you will see when I post it .
Still, I recommend it!

I'm happy with Corsair H60 for $29 on sale at Frys. :)

I like the mounting system of the H60 the best.

I'd go with what is cheapest. They all look similar.

I'm happy with Corsair H60 for $29 on sale at Frys. :)

I like the mounting system of the H60 the best.

I'd go with what is cheapest. They all look similar.

Wow that is a awesome deal. Wish I would have caught that one.

Back