Best Screen saver? ( Spyware Free & Perferrably Free)

I like the Penrose tile one, but all the ones I use are from the xlock screensaver set.

I typically just set my monitor to go into low-power after 10 minutes, though.

That comes with bundle ware, i'll pass but it looked cool

I have scanned it with Avira, Malwarebytes, and Spybot and nothings has came up so far. It's new to me though. This is the BS that I hate about screen savers, they all seem like spyware.:( I will scan with a few more programs just to make sure it's clean, I think it's clean though.

I have scanned it with Avira, Malwarebytes, and Spybot and nothings has came up so far. It's new to me though. This is the BS that I hate about screen savers, they all seem like spyware.:( I will scan with a few more programs just to make sure it's clean, I think it's clean though.

It told me with i was installing it that it contained other software, lol

There was a really cool space type screen saver back in the day that used Glide for 3dfx cards

Found it.. Voodoo Lights.. I think.

Man..I remember that one. Wow....memories of the days the first 3Dfx cards hit the market. They were soooo expensive back then, got mine the first month they came out. I remember sitting there playing Quake 1 after installing the GL package for it...just drooling at the graphics, the lava, etc.

But...screensavers...i turn my monitor off when I walk away...let the PC sit there and Fold as hard as it can.

Those look cool and all but my screen turns off if I'm inactive for more than 5 minutes probably because I've walked away, being green I guess

Man..I remember that one. Wow....memories of the days the first 3Dfx cards hit the market. They were soooo expensive back then, got mine the first month they came out. I remember sitting there playing Quake 1 after installing the GL package for it...just drooling at the graphics, the lava, etc.

But...screensavers...i turn my monitor off when I walk away...let the PC sit there and Fold as hard as it can.

I'm staring at a Voodoo 5 5500 right now sitting on my desk, just found it in a box. Yeah, I was and still am a big 3Dfx fan from years past, and Quake was the game that made id Software and 3Dfx big name companies in 3D graphics, that's for damned sure... ;)

There was a really cool space type screen saver back in the day that used Glide for 3dfx cards.

It was very nicely done... probably about impossible to find anymore.

Found it.. Voodoo Lights.. I think.

Look here.. there are a bunch of old school screen savers :)

http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/tools/screensavers/?list=0

Aww man, i so wanted to go old school, but they don't like dual monitors, lol.

So I take it there are no good new high def screen savers.:(
Oh well... I will survive and just turn off my monitor as well. Just wanted a nice screen saver to run for a few minutes before my LCD goes to sleep.

I liked Windows Vista's photo gallery, set to randomly show pictures and video I've taken.

I've been using screen smelter :D

It makes your desktop looks lik it's melting.
2qthj7m.gif

http://www.tucows.com/preview/21650#MoreInfo

That reminded me of one I used to use awhile ago and forgot about.
It's only a trial version here though. (or torrent)
http://ripple-screensaver.en.softonic.com/

I want newly built awesome ones though, starting to think there isn't any.

I know what your saying,as I've looked around many times and there just aren't any good,new ones around anymore :eek:

so much of the crap nowadays,is loaded with malware / bloatware.

I'm staring at a Voodoo 5 5500 right now sitting on my desk, just found it in a box. Yeah, I was and still am a big 3Dfx fan from years past, and Quake was the game that made id Software and 3Dfx big name companies in 3D graphics, that's for damned sure... ;)

Yeah I ran one of those too...later on. When 3Dfx was first coming out with their first gen cards, I picked up the Diamond Monster 3Dfx...the original one, whopping 4 megs of vram. Think it was 299 bucks back then.

Had a pair of somethings doing SLI later on too...can't remember which models.

Ahh the good ol' days of burgeoning gaming graphics.
3Dfx
Renditions Verite
something else like PowerVR..

3Dfx pulled way in the lead for a long time...til nVidia busted out with their first TNT card. ATI wasn't much in the offerings back then. Quake 2 on the TNT under GL was pretty cool, and the first Unreal.

But yeah...nothing was a groundbreaking as GLQuake on the 3Dfx. Oh the days...and nights.....playing that game online via dial up. :D

Back