Best Router for Gaming / Streaming

reaper7534!

Limp Gawd
Currently have a Asus 68u which was provided by Tmobile for use as a mobile hotspot since signal was terrible in my house. The wifi calling has a lot to be desired so the gave me a actual cellspot and I need to return the router. What is the best router in the 200 dollar range which provides good coverage ( 2500 Sq Ft single level drywall ) and used for mainly gaming / streaming / viewing ring cameras. I don't run VPNs or anything like that. I have a few AC devices so will need that compatibility also. Here is a rough list of what may be using the router at anytime.

Firestick x2
FiveTV cube x 2 ( one wired, one wireless )
Chromecast x 2 ( one wired, one wireless )
Roku x 1
Dish Receiver x1 ( wired )
Phones x 3
Ring Cameras x 3
PC's x 3 ( two wired, one wireless )
Echos x2
Google Mini x 1
VOIP x 1

I'm sure some other stuff sprinkled in there, but obviously my PC is priority. I don't have any particular brand loyalty.

What is your isp internet speed? Also are you running a network switch?

If you don’t care about used products you can go pretty ham with:
  1. If you have a router to handle load balance like the edgerouter, pfsense, or etc. you can get a used commercial grade ap stand-alone mode like UniFi AP HD or Ruckus R510 in your budget. Only need one with wave 2 to cover your whole house when place in a high place.
  2. Router with aftermarket firmware is an option but it is no plug and play because need tune in the setting. Asuswrt, openwrt, or more
  3. For plug and play, I not really fond with consumers grade product because of longevity, durability, software GUI limitations, and marketing but there are resource for it like smallnetbuilder.com and youtube for review
At home I used option 1 because fiber and a lot of devices streaming usual get 200/200 per device with no loss packet and drop client.

Back