Best Region Free DVD Player/Writer

VA Supremacy

Limp Gawd
Looking for a new DVD Burner since Lite-On iHAS324 has had problems since day 1 and I'm fed up with it.

1) SATA, Internal obviously:p
2) Region Free hack available [I've encountered drives where I couldn't hack so I stuck with Lite-On since I have a program]
3) Plays anything well PAL/NTSC [not ripping to the hard drive just yet]
4) Same size as the Lite-On iHAS324 so it can fit in a Silverstone LC10-E
5) really good on the burner side as well though Mainly plays movies PAL/NTSC regions
6) Does not have any problems that cause it to open and close quickly and disconnects itself from Windows Vista Home Pre SP 2 which the Lite-On iHAS324 does.

7) Money is no object. Suggest it and I'll look into it. Though nothing outrageous as an external USB Plextor.

Thanks for your input.

Someone please help I don't really know anything about DVD Burners so I stuck with Lite-On. I've looked at new egg the prices are reasonable but I don't know whats a good quality, decent built burner that won't have problems like the Lite-On iHAS324 did.

I want something that will last and be dependable as such I have no idea the quality of Pioneer, Asus, Sony Opitarc etc. I've stopped reading the reviews on newegg since they're idiots and not really helpful.

2) Why not just use a player that cracks the crypto and get around this that way? Or AnyDVD?
3) This has nothing to do with the drive, just the player software you use. Most of them should be fine.

I have been pretty much exclusively buying Pioneer for the past few years. Every other brand I've owned I've had to replace once a year, they just stop working. The Pioneer's have been great and generally are among the better drives for ripping speed and so on. Not sure about current models though.

I don't want to buy AnyDVD at the moment since I already used the free trail a long time ago. And that is sorta of out of the price range around $100 last time I checked for AnyDVDHD

I have a program that only works with Lite-On, if there's any program like that for any other drives fine. But previously MSI and my laptop drives I was never able to hack or even find a program.

Thanks I don't think I've ever seen those before maybe dangerous brothers but forgot about it

EDIT: what's a quality built drive? All I know to stay away from Hi-VAL I/o Magic and Lite-On (though they still maybe alright the drive pissed me off so much I won't buy another one for looong time)

Last edited:
Back