Best Rechargable Batteries?

This guy does all sorts of stuff to test tools and things around the home, including batteries. He makes good content. He also did a followup video almost a year later showing the durability after nearly a year of charge/discharge cycles.

My only advice is to make sure you are buying batteries made in Japan or Korea and to make sure you are buying form legit sources. Don't buy from random people/sellers on Amazon or eBay or you will be burnt.

Last edited:
Was going to ask also so I'll jump on this thread.
See eneloops are still good.
If they use AA batteries, get Eneloops or the IKEA LADDA 2450 batteries as those are supposedly Eneloop Pro's for only $7 for 4.
Seems cheap, I might have to see if they have the regular version. And they don't. :( looking for maximum cycles brand.
I had the Apple charger that came with 6 and a compact twin slot aa charger I liked for $30.

Edit:
I see eneloop have a charger/power bank unit, a little pricey at 37. Been looking at a diy power bank case. Samsung 3500mah cells I'm looking at are about $5 each.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07W...YQQ&hsa_cr_id=5637054300601&ref_=sb_s_sparkle

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
If they use AA batteries, get Eneloops or the IKEA LADDA 2450 batteries as those are supposedly Eneloop Pro's for only $7 for 4.
This. I got my own LADDAs and bought them into my country in a decent amount (and for some friends) because they are fractions of the cost of the real panasonic branded version and no Ikea here.
As long as it's made in Japan there is only one factory and that is Panasonic.
I got some LSD chink AA and AAA cells from Ikea also and they are holding up well so far nearly a year of use on them.

My opinion, the best rechargeable batteries are almost any brand as long as you have a full extra spare set to swap out with, so one on the charger while one is in use. Since I now have a 4 year old, I have (easily) quadrupled the number of AAA and AA batteries in use at my house. So I got one of those 8-at-a-time chargers (already had a 4-at-a-time) and probably 48-64 batteries between the AA and AAA units. Mostly AmazonBasics silver and blacks. Been very happy overall, but no brand of battery will perform 'better' than another when the performance criteria is "left powered on all night by a toddler".

I'm trying to find a 2 bay charger as small as the Apple Charger they had a few years ago.
I don't want to spend $20 for the charger itself, let alone 30 for a one with the original batteries.

Back