Best PSU ever! 860W SeaSonic

But more expensive than the Kingwin LZP 1000w.

I would wait for a [H] or JonnyGuru review. I know it's a good product, I would just like to see it in their heat torture chambers.

Very nice, sometimes I wish I had a good reason to upgrade my PSU.

The review is trash, biased and insulting to anyone with half a brain.. and the unit is not that great either.

What if you need 1200w? Those 80+ ratings are notoriously...not right. Companies pick the best units they have and send them off, while actual units efficiency can be totally different.

Wait for JonnyGuru to do a review. Anandtech is alright but their review isn't that great.

That review is also for 860W and the thread is titled 960W :(

What if you need 1200w? Those 80+ ratings are notoriously...not right. Companies pick the best units they have and send them off, while actual units efficiency can be totally different.

If you need 1200 watts you don't buy a 960watt PSU. I don't see how your need for a PSU that isn't being reviewd makes this a bad review.

If you need 1200 watts you don't buy a 960watt PSU. I don't see how your need for a PSU that isn't being reviewd makes this a bad review.

It doesn't...but Anand was very unthorough in what data he collected and describing how he got it. For his numbers I have no idea what the ambient temp was which can massively effect efficiency, if/how he crossloaded the PSU, etc. Anand's review admittedly is a step or two above most "PSU reviews" which just read the marketing off the carton and thank the vendor for a sample...but it still is not something to base a PSU purchase off of.

That being said, being Seasonic odds are it is a good unit.

Why do all these awesome PSU's make a electrical noise. It leaves me unsettled. I have a few high end PSU's that when I plug them into the wall with nothing connected, they make a slight high pitch whine.

This is not Genmay people keep things on topic, and DO NOT post accusations of wrong doing without proof.

Why do all these awesome PSU's make a electrical noise. It leaves me unsettled. I have a few high end PSU's that when I plug them into the wall with nothing connected, they make a slight high pitch whine.

My Ultra X4 1600WATT PSUs dont whine at all.. fans are quite quiet as well. Can be bought at tiger direct.

P.S. My former PSU PCP&C 1KW SR and the model before that did and i hear the Corsair AX1200 does as well.. used to drive me nuts.

I've never experienced that in many years of using high end PSUs. I currently have dual 1000W Gold PSUs in my servers as well as a bunch of 700W-850W PSUs in PCs. I have gotten whiny fan noise when the PSU didn't have proper clearance for airflow though.

I am a SeaSonic fan. I found this review at a friend's apartment who doesn't know diddly about PSU's. I was hoping that he'd find it interesting but to no avail. Another friend did, but only slightly.

Interesting quotes:

"I've had better luck with cheap models. The Antecs are too expensive and they break a lot."

"Does that one have more Watts?"

-"Is SeaSonic better than Corsair?"
-"They make some Corsair models."
-"Like, copies?"

I'd prefer a [H]OCP or Johnny Guru review.

I'm sure the PSU is up to platinum snuff.

I thought the internals were sloppy looking but I'm sure they perform. From the review I was left with the idea that this unit is just an under clocked slightly tweaked Gold X1000 SS PSU. I'd rather see a new class of PSU have newer internals and design.

To people asking for a hardocp review - They've allready done it with the 1kw model. The 860w model has little difference besides missing one of the main capacitors that allow the 1kw model to push that much. So a review would be nice - But I don't see how the numbers would be much different from the 1kw model.

To those complaining that you can get a higher wattage model for the same amount; Not everyone needs that much, and if you get a 1kw+ PSU for a system only pulling 600w-ish (DC) then you will be out of the best efficiency range. To much overkill in the case of power supplies is -not- a good thing.

Last edited:
Way overpriced PSU. Come on you can get a gold certified PSU and be just has happy with it as you would be with the SeaSonic 860X! That price tag killed me. And I was going to order that bad mofo! Damn I'm glad I didn't it!

Way overpriced PSU. Come on you can get a gold certified PSU and be just has happy with it as you would be with the SeaSonic 860X! That price tag killed me. And I was going to order that bad mofo! Damn I'm glad I didn't it!

Yep, but it's to be expected. Its a premium part and carries a premium price tag. Not any different from Extreme Edition processors. They're not that much better but they sure are priced like they are.

love my corsair ax1200 never hear it. all the power anyone needs! true modular!

Back