Best Platinum 650W - 750W PSU?

Peat Moss

Gawd
Can't make up my mind between Seasonic, Phanteks, be Quiet!, or EVGA.

Last edited:
Based on your selected Brands I'd say they are all excellent in terms of respect in the industry and use of quality parts. I've read tons of reviews and it was all good for your round up but I would be careful because not all are created equal. Read trusted detailed reviews of the specific model you are considering before you drop the coin.

Of failure rate (not in the reviews) they are all pretty close but what if it fails? For me, I used to be Cooler Master fan had several of their PSU before Corsair started up and I bought a couple of them, but had an issue with Corsair RMA (not a PSU) and have since written them off. Of the last 6 or so power supplies I have bought EVGA. Not one has failed or have I had issues that pointed to the PSU. I have had EVGA GPU fail and the support was awesome heads above dealing with the rest. I'm confident if I did have an issue with one of their PSUs it would be taken care of in short order. No wait for weeks to get a response. So, here is my vote for EVGA.

To be clear, I have had no experience with the other 3 you mentioned. Maybe someone else can chime in here.

Can't make up my mind between Seasonic, Phanteks, be Quiet!, or EVGA.
Seasonic made some fantastic Platinum rated PSU(s) out there with Prime & Focus GX series. IIRC both series have 12 years warranty.
The Focus GX series is a compact PSU with depth only 140mm, while Prime' 160mm.

Can't comment on the others but EVGA is using top OEM like Superflower.

Seasonic made some fantastic Platinum rated PSU(s) out there with Prime & Focus GX series. IIRC both series have 12 years warranty.
The Focus GX series is a compact PSU with depth only 140mm, while Prime' 160mm.

Can't comment on the others but EVGA is using top OEM like Superflower.

Thanks. Yeah, the Seasonic platinums have a 10 year warranty and their titaniums have a 12 year warranty.

Thanks. Yeah, the Seasonic platinums have a 10 year warranty and their titaniums have a 12 year warranty.
Slight correction, also on my previous post:
Seasonic Focus+ GX Platinum: 10 years (dimensions: 140 mm (W) x 170 mm (L) x 86 mm (H))
Seasonic Prime Platinum: 12 years (dimensions: 150 mm (W) x 170 mm (L) x 86 mm (H))

Is it worth paying 50% more going from a FOCUS series to a PRIME series? And is it worth paying more for a Titanium vs Platinum? I'm inclined to say no, but I'm open to being convinced otherwise.

Is it worth paying 50% more going from a FOCUS series to a PRIME series? And is it worth paying more for a Titanium vs Platinum? I'm inclined to say no, but I'm open to being convinced otherwise.
Prime and PX units are great but a focus unit will do the same job for less and last just as long.
So no, not imo. Only if you can catch one one at a significant discount.

When you could get them at a reasonable price, Corsair HX series were nice. Wouldn't bother with what they are charging now. And the design, while good, is now dated. The RM pricing is where the HX used to be. Corsair's not really competitive with the other brands these days, but some people like the Corsair branding.

The now 6 year old HX750i unit I'm using has been a really solid PSU. I think I paid $130 in 2017 dollars.

If I had to choose, I'd probably get a newer designed Seasonic today, simply for the newer design and components (and obvious reliability).

IMO, you can't go wrong with Seasonic or Corsair PSUs. Paid $204 for my HX1000 which has a 10 year warranty. I think Seasonic makes Corsair's PSUs, or at least some of them.

I think Seasonic makes Corsair's PSUs, or at least some of them.
I think this only applies to a select few of the AX series, and none of the AXi series. I don't recall which AX models are internally Seasonic, but I do recall only three skus were ever rebadged Seasonics. The others varied. And I don't know if that's still the case today.

Corsair AX are really hard to get a hold of anyway.

The HXi were mostly Channel Well made PSUs. Well mine is for sure. Which is kind of cool because my old Pentium III system uses one of their power supplies (90s technology baby!).

Edit: Found this list which hasn't been updated since 2020, so take it with a grain of salt:

https://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/psu_manufacturers

Last edited:
50% more? not worth it.
The Focus Platinum can easily match the Prime Platinum, it's just the product tiering & branding (Focus is more of seasonic's mainstream product, prime is their high-end).
And just go for platinum of Focus.

The other brand that's on the same level of Seasonic are Corsair (with their AX / RMx/i), Evga (the Superflower platform), or the Superflower itself if you can find one on your region.

Back