Best place to unload phone

Headcase_Fargone

Limp Gawd
I found out today that my ETF on Sprint is lower than I had expected, so with the intention of picking up a Nexus Prime later this month (or whenever it comes out) I need to know the best place to sell my Evo 4G. I've heard of various websites that offer "cash for smartphones" and the like but they seem dodgy.

Ebay? Or are these sites legit?

Ebay seems pretty good, I wouldn't trust them with an unformatted phone though, best factory reset before you send it anywhere, and pull the old sim if you don't need it.

Ebay, craigslist, Xda-developers or here on hardocp.

I would do ebay as a last resort due to their fees. I would try craigslist first, while simultaneously listing it on xda and here.

you will get more out of it on ebay, but your extra profits will be eaten up by ebay and paypal fees.

The EVO 4G is ranging from $175 - $275 here. on ebay they are going for a bit more on average so my statement applies only to iPhones I guess.

I sold my evo 4g on the 10th of this month for $185 pretty fast. On ebay your looking at the same price but after fees and shipping you're gonna net like $160.

On forums your're gonna have to go cheaper since people know prices better and want better deals.

so yeah Craigslist is your best best.

expect to be spammed and lowballed to death though

Don't forget all of the Nigerians who are so desperate to get your item that they will pay you twice what you are asking if only you will ship it to them.

Don't forget all of the Nigerians who are so desperate to get your item that they will pay you twice what you are asking if only you will ship it to them.

oh and lets not forget oh I want to buy your item for 1/10 of the price poor college student/ parents are sick, hey lets trade straight for something something that is a previous generation of your phone

I don't usually have these issues on craigslist. Once in awhile I receive spam, but never any low balls or stupid ass stories.

I would Craigslist it. I generally list things a little higher than I'm expecting to get, and have them 'low-ball' to the area I want, and I make it clear in my postings it's OBO. I haven't had much issue with scammers or ultra low-ballers

The worst thing for me is when I meet someone to "look" at the product and then they low ball me. Like "ohh there is a scratch here so I will give you $50 instead of $150." its like what? NOPE.. PEACE lol

Back