Best Place to Purchase (gaming laptops)...

[FX]Roman

Gawd
I've been looking around for a couple of months now, not too exhaustively, but am beginning to narrow down my search of a gaming laptop in the 2600 USD range.

This search lead me to places like:
- http://ncix.com or,
- http://newegg.ca or,
- Amazon, or,
- ORIGIN PC | Custom Computers | Gaming Desktops and Laptops, etc...

However, I have yet to come across anything as good as:
A Trusted Brand for Gaming Laptops | Sager Notebooks

For the graphics card, RAM, case, and of course price (I talked to a rep and even got them to drop 80 bucks for shipping a laptop without Windows on it)... I can't _seem_ to find anything comparable... Can you?
Apart from being unsure of any better/similar deals out there, I'm unsure if something else is going to come along/around which I should wait for (although a 1080 in a laptop is pretty badass).

Has anyone found something comparatively better? Thanks!

I have had multiple Sager over the years and in the mobile computing community sager is one of those brands you don't buy directly from. Multiple stories of warranty claims being mishandled by them. I recommend buying a sager from a retailer like xoticpc, my last laptop had the videocard fail twice(second time was almost immediately after the first was replaced) and it was replaced immediately again despite them having to go directly to sager to get another ATI 6990M since they were out of production and had ran out of stock.

As for finding something better, you will not be able to do that. Nothing has the price to reliability to components to design quality ratio that Sager has.

Yikes, that sounds horrendous; I'm glad I checked things out... it seemed too good to be true.
How long ago was this debacle of yours? A couple of years ago? I wonder if things have changed since then... or if Sager is just notoriously shitty in that regard.

I think you misunderstood me. Sager is incredibly reliable. This failure only happened at the 2.8year mark of near constant use and it was handled quickly by XoticPC: within 2 weeks, including transit time, of sending it off each time. Why in the world would I buy multiple from this brand if it had ever given me undue trouble?

What I said was do not buy directly from Sager. Buy from an authorized retailer of Sager so there is less chance of warranty issues.

I buy them from amazon only because their return policy is pretty lenient.

I don't have quite the budget you do, but I got the asus gl502vm with the gtx 1060 gpu and it's pretty legit. 60fps all day in witcher 3 ultra settings at 1080p. Awesome laptop.

Awesome, thanks for that info Drozdov -- Did you buy through a particular outlet on Amazon? Who was selling it?

It's nice to hear how the 10** cards can completely rock games maxed out, too. :)

After owning about 20 gaming notebooks over the years, having purchased from various places, my vote squarely goes to XoticPC. Service has been categorically good, prices reasonable, and they have pretty much every model and option out there. They really know their sh£t.

The comment about avoiding buying from Sager directly is true -- crap service if something goes wrong. Buy from a trusted reseller like Xotic or Mythlogic. Places like iBuypower and Cyberpower I would avoid as they don't really specialize in gaming laptops and have heard service is horrible. For the love of all that is holy, avoid Eurocom.

Have heard good things about Orgin, but you're basically paying 20% more for Clevo/Sagers with some slight body modifications (don't let the shiny emblem fool you). This is the same laptop as this, for all intents and purposes -- same build, same specs. $250 more at Origin.

Last edited:
Back