best place to play poker online?

HotL3@D

[H]ard|Gawd
Any suggestions for online poker rooms where i can play with real or play money?

i got a bunch of friends who play at pokerroom.com and one plays with real money always. he has made quite some dollaz.

partypoker.com is alright from when i used to play... never played for real bling tho

-warsaw

PartyPoker is a good place to start. It is certainly the most popular. I've used it; good service and no spyware to boot!

I've talked to others that like PokerStars as well.

PokerStars.com is good. I'd highly reccomend playing for real money even tho because at the play money tables you'll encounter some people that play like morons.

Cool, thanks for the replies guys. My buddies and I started a poker night playing texas hold em with 10 dollars in and hehe, 1 dollar maximum bets. I wiped the table clean last week and made about 25 bucks, my 2nd time playing too. I just caught on really really quick and I'm good at reading people was well, so that kinda helps, but i wanted to gets some practice in on the off days and maybe even make some extra money... gambling addiction here i come :)

www.partypoker.com hands down. I got some ss's from when i was playing with real money and i had a aces over kings full house, and suddennly AHH WTF 4 OF A KIND ACES. Well there goes 100$ And the funny thing is 4 of a kind happened again with queens that next hand.

I'm gonna have to throw my vote in for partypoker dot com as well. I'm not an online gambler, but a co-worker SWEARS by it!

-Rikus

kick@ss said:
PokerStars.com is good. I'd highly reccomend playing for real money even tho because at the play money tables you'll encounter some people that play like morons.

unfortunately that's still not a deterent... :(

I have played them all, and my favorites are:

Partypoker & Pokerstars

Fulltilt is another one that is fun because alot of pros are online (a bunch of them own the site), but the site hasn't quite taken off yet and there's only like 500 regualr players (PP has 10'000's)

I have first hand experience with most of the top-name sites, so here's my review of the ones I've played.

partypoker.com
This is the big one. The recent primetime numbers show more than 60,000 people playing at once. They've had more television advertisements and have attracted more players than any other site. The result is lots of players... and lots and lots of bad players. If you know even the basics of poker you can turn a hefty profit in up to the $5/$10 hold'em games. They also have some of the biggest tournaments. There is a tournemant every month with a gauranteed prize pool over $1,000,000. There are other big tournaments weekly including a $250,000 gauranteed tourney on Sunday and a $200,000 one on Saturday. Now for the negatives. They have a foreign support staff and communication with them is often times frustrating. They also don't spread as many different games as most other sites. The lowest limit hold'em game is $0.50/$1.00 and the highest is only $30/$60 (and they only run 2 of those so the waiting list is 50+) and the only other games than hold'em is Omaha and 7 card stud (both regular and hi/lo for each).

pokerstars.com
The second most popular poker site. 10-15k people at primetime but rising quickly with WPT coverage. Their support is great. They are easy to understand, quick to reply, and they will do things like make a deal at the end of a tournament if the remaining players wish to do so. They occasionally run high-buyin multitable touraments ($1000+) which makes for some very large prize pools. They have a much wider variety of limits ($.01/$.02 - $100/$200) than partypoker and charge less in rake at most of their games, especially the 1 table tournaments. The downside is, the players are much better on average than their partypoker counterparts, which makes partypoker much more profitable if you are trying to make money.

ultimatebet.com
Good support and low rake, they also run the highest NL ring game of all the popular poker sites ($25/$50, $5000 max buy-in). They offer a wide variety of limits and games, including 5 card draw, but they don't have a big enough player base to keep a good selection of tables running. The players here are on average even better than those on pokerstars.

truepoker.com
A site with great support, some of the best graphics (almost overdid for poker software) and very easy games, arguably the easiest 5/10 game on the internet. I think the thing holding this site back is that the graphics make the games run slower than most other sites, so you get less hands/hour in, and you can only play 1 table at a time, as opposed to 4 at other sites.

Other sites that I havn't played at but have heard things about are:
pacificpoker - very soft games, 1 table max, bad tournament structure.
thegamingclub - good support, small player base, good games
fulltiltpoker - new site, 100% deposit bonus up to $600, good support and growing fast

Overall, I suggest partypoker.com. It's the biggest so there is little chance of it going under any time soon, andthere are plenty of tables to choose from. The players are terrible. And, I play there and can get you some good deposit bonus codes and if your new, I can help you with your game so you can start making money at the low limit games in no time.

I've played at True Poker and loved it. The graphics really do something for it. (As opposed to Planet Poker, which has lots of cool poker games, but has the most ass graphics I've seen.)

I currently play at Royal Vegas Poker and I don't mind it at all. Sometimes they get a little overwhelmed, especially now that they're hosting the College Poker Championship. They even give you $10 just for signing up. That's right, you don't have to do anything; you just get $10. (It can take up to 24 hours.)

Here's a list of bonus codes I have for www.partypoker.com if anyone plans on playing there. Just type these in where it asks you for your bonus code when you sign up, or if you've already signed up but havn't made a deposit yet, use these where it asks you for your deposit bonus code.

septfree25 = $25 extra on your first deposit

20percentmax100 = a bonus equal to 20% of your deposit. the most you can get is $100 (on a $500 deposit)

freeppmentry = a free entry into the party poker million dollar guaranteed tournament worth $32.

I just found out threw an irc room that www.empirepoker.com is offering a match bonus up to $500 untill the end of september using the deposit bonus code "MATCHBONUSEP" (the code they ask you for when making a deposit, not the one they ask you for when you are signing up, they are 2 different things) They will match your deposit, so if you deposit $75, they'll give you $75 in your bonus account, deposit $500 and they'll give you $500. You have to play a certain amount of raked hands to be able to cash the bonus money out. The number of raked hands depends on the amount of the bonus. To get the full $500 bonus you have to play 2,500 raked hands, which, getting 60 hands/hour, will take roughly 40 hours. But, you can cut this time by as much as 1/4th by playing multiple tables (up to 4) at a time. The best thing about this bonus is that unlike other bonuses that only work on your first deposit, this works for people who already have a real money account, and people who use this to make their first deposit. If it is your first deposit though, you'll end up geting $600 in your bonus account if you sign up using the bonus code CHIPS1493 and get the 20% up to $100. This is the best bonus offer offered by any site. www.fulltiltpoker.com also has a $600 match bonus, but you have to play an inhumane amount of hands to clear it.

And yes, I did sneak in my affiliate link :D, but there is some serious money to be made bonus whoring these poker rooms if you have enough money lying around to deposit in a few sites. Example: deposit $500, get the 20% up to $100 + the $500 match, open up 4 $.5/$1 tables and play tight ABC poker for 12 hours to get your 2500 hands in, then cashout. $50/hour for 12 hours worth of work. (the stakes you play doesn't matter in clearing the bonus. all that matters is how many hands you play, so by playing .5/1, there is no risk of losing more than the bonus) Too bad they only offer this once every few months.

There is also a 15% up to $100 partypoker reload bonus with a 1,000 raked hand requirement that I worked of in about 6 hours tonight but I can't remember the code I used. It's for september only so if I find it before the end of the month I'll be sure to post it. edit: found it, "SEPREL04". Using that as your deposit bonus code will get you 15% bonus up to $100 at partypoker. But only use this if you already have an account there because if you don't already have an account there you're elligible for the 20% bonus.

i'll throw in a word for partypoker. i play there and ran a 25 deposit up to 250 so far playing the 25 dollar no limit tables and the 10 dollar tournaments.

Partypoker.com has players that are just starting to learn the game and will play a pretty loose style chasing flush/straight draws all day long. You can make a killing if you play your cards right.

Most other sites don't have as many loose games and usually have some better players playing. Keep in mind this is just my experience.

I am bias because I enjoy taking $$ from people that don't have a clue as to what they're doing.

Back