Best Place to buy shipping supplies?

Fujimitsu

Limp Gawd
I usually just recycle what I've been sent from Newegg, but I'm running low and wondering.
Where do you guys buy your shipping supplies? Everywhere sells boxes/bubblewrap but its ridiculous, $5 for a small roll of thin bubble rap is insane! I haven't tried using the packaging that UPS/FEDEX sell so I don't know their prices I'm just looking for suggestions.

Any help is appreciated, I'm just looking for somewhere to buy bubble wrap/packing peanuts for cheap, if I have to buy in bulk to get a good deal thats cool I've got the spare room.

First place I'd check would be if you have a local FedEx kinkos, Mailboxes Etc, any place that does shipping that has a sign saying "we recycle packing supplies". If you're nice, they might hook you up with a trashbag full of peanuts.
For boxes, start shipping USPS Priority and you'll have all the boxes you need for free from the PO.
For bubble mailers, e-bay is the way to go. I bought 250 of various sizes for around $20 shipped, way cheaper than in person.
Same thing with bubblewrap, you can get way better deals there than in person

It was about $15 I think, but I bought a MONSTER roll of bubble wrap at my local fedex/kinkos. I order the free boxes from USPS and buy tape once every few months.

Seriously, this bubble wrap is crazy. It filled my entire trunk (its a deep trunk, fits golf clubs and skis at the same time)

i've heard you can go USPS.com and get all the boxes you need for free. they'll even ship them right to your house. i believe that is just for boxes though. tape and bubble wrap and such you'll have to purchase. that kind of stuff i usually just get at wal-mart.

i've heard you can go USPS.com and get all the boxes you need for free. they'll even ship them right to your house. i believe that is just for boxes though. tape and bubble wrap and such you'll have to purchase. that kind of stuff i usually just get at wal-mart.

Yeah USPS gives out free boxes and even the shipping is free.

Yeah USPS gives out free boxes and even the shipping is free.

What he said. Tape and boxes are free. The only stipulation is that they are used for the service for which they are branded. Ex. Priority boxes must be used for Priority mail.

Get the free boxes from usps.Well worth it.I don't tape up a box until I get to the post office but only because I am so anal about checking everything mutiple times before I ship it and the lady at our post office lets me use all the tape I want.

There's no Priority tape available anymore online due to abuse in the past, and post offices won't usually give you any more than a single box worth in person, because they have to budget for supplies that are free for us.

Buy stuff from [H]ard. I've collected dozens of boxes and peanuts over the last year or so just from buying from forums. I have all the supplies I need stocked in the garage for packing.

Buy stuff from [H]ard. I've collected dozens of boxes and peanuts over the last year or so just from buying from forums. I have all the supplies I need stocked in the garage for packing.

same here, except mines from the egg/mwave :D:D:D

I keep my newegg boxes and such... RMA returns for harddrive boxes... Static bags are what the item originally came in... only thing i've ever bought was the little bubble wrapped envelopes for when I ship a game or something.

USPS is a great place to get boxes, considering i dont ship anything other than Priority anyway. I also am a huge packrat when it comes to boxes, i throw out all the generic ones i get from the egg, or wherever (standard cube shaped boxes), but i keep anything that is oddshaped, extremely small, extremely large, anything out of the ordinary, aswell as all the packing filler sent with everything i throw into a garbage bag in the garage. I suppose you could break down the normal boxes and keep those aswell, but why do that when you can get free new ones from usps.

Back