best place to buy an xbox 360 live subscription?

Raybdbomb

Limp Gawd
is there any place better to get the 12-month pack than for $59.99 ($5/mo) ?

Please start threads in the correct subforum. - Slartibartfast

ebay...you can get them for 35 bucks +1 month free, so you get 13 months for 35 bucks

Be careful on the eBay auctions. I bought a 12+1 month card for $35, what seemed to be the same as what they sell in stores, but you have to activate a new account with it. Waste of money because I'd have to start over and lose my progress. I've just given up on that account and stayed with my original account.

Newegg.com = $45 shipped, for a 12+1 month card (13) :)... not bad. It's less on the shipping if you order it with something else (about $1-1.50 shipping instead of $5 that way if you're getting something else anyway).

What store sells a 12 month subscription for $35? I only see cards on sale for $49.99.

Well, being eBay, they come and they go. Because I had to start a new account, I feel like the card code he emailed me was from a promotional giveaway.

I use ebay for mine. I was emailed a code right after I paid, added it to my account and away I went, no problems at all.

Be careful on the eBay auctions. I bought a 12+1 month card for $35, what seemed to be the same as what they sell in stores, but you have to activate a new account with it. Waste of money because I'd have to start over and lose my progress. I've just given up on that account and stayed with my original account.

There are no Xbox Live cards that require you to start a new account. You just go to the account management once you're signed in on the Xbox 360 Dash, then choose to redeem the code, type it in, and it will add the time to your account. I don't know who told you that you need to make a new account, but it's not true.

There are no Xbox Live cards that require you to start a new account. You just go to the account management once you're signed in on the Xbox 360 Dash, then choose to redeem the code, type it in, and it will add the time to your account. I don't know who told you that you need to make a new account, but it's not true.

You may be right, but after reading this thread I went to ebay and the first auction for a Live card I opened said this:

"12 + 1 Month Xbox Live Subscription

$50 Retail Value. Requires an Xbox 360.

Works only when setting up a new account. Must be in the United States. No expiration date!

I can e-mail you the code off the back of the card for free after payment clears (within 24 hours).

Feel free to e-mail me with any questions you may have!"

Can anyone else chime in and clarify on the ebay procedure? There are great deals here but many of the auctions specifically state it can only be used to create a new account. My account is about to expire and I would like to buy one of these cards off ebay. Just wondering if you can take any xbox live card out there even if it says for new accounts only and add it like stated previously in this thread.

Personally, I'd play it safe and spend the extra couple of bucks to get it from newegg or whatnot :).

You may be right, but after reading this thread I went to ebay and the first auction for a Live card I opened said this:

"12 + 1 Month Xbox Live Subscription

$50 Retail Value. Requires an Xbox 360.

Works only when setting up a new account. Must be in the United States. No expiration date!

I can e-mail you the code off the back of the card for free after payment clears (within 24 hours).

Feel free to e-mail me with any questions you may have!"

That's bizarre.. I'm going to look into this. Thanks for the heads up.

i bought my 12 month subscription from circuit city for $39.99 + tax. they have that deal once a month or so. they usually do the same deal for the wireless controller just as frequently.

that $40 deal at CC isn't bad, currently ebay has some 12+1 cards for $20 + $3 shipping, I may try it, use the subscription on the backup research console.

Back