Best Pinball game ??

hellomcfly

Limp Gawd
been slow and bored at work so we have this pinball competition going on with the space pinball game that comes with windows ... soo we need a prize for the winner ... i was wondering what the best pinball suite is these days ? i know not many people play .. but it is fun to pass the time :D

something that has multiple tables with different themes and layouts would be perfect !! (something i can order online or buy in store - not some cheapo flash game)

obtain visual pinmame, tables and roms (find them yourself :p but then again, williams themselves released them for free)

twilight zone and addams family are damn near perfect conversions tablewise and of course the emulation of the dmd graphics, sound and game rules is perfect

if you dont wanna go that route, get any of the four pro pinball games, especially timeshock and big race usa. you can get the whole pack for $10

I used to love epic pinball. It was the bombdiggity back in the day.

obtain visual pinmame, tables and roms (find them yourself :p but then again, williams themselves released them for free)

twilight zone and addams family are damn near perfect conversions tablewise and of course the emulation of the dmd graphics, sound and game rules is perfect

if you dont wanna go that route, get any of the four pro pinball games, especially timeshock and big race usa. you can get the whole pack for $10

Hello, maybe you can help me or at least point me in the right direction. So, basically i will try to make this post as brief as possible. To begin with, i am a huge video game fan and i love pinball too. I was born in the 70's, so i pretty much grew up in the mecca of all the the pinball greats through the 70's, 80's, and 90's. I am fully aware of the visual pinball and Pinmame emulators and have gone to the vpforums.org website and installed all the required files, watched tutorial videos, etc. I must be missing something in this equation because once all is said and done and i want to try out the goods, i usually get the official Active X controller missing error, which i have gone to the website and attempted to download the latest and greatest version of it and i believe it has downloaded; however, i keep continuing to get the same errors on most games and then i get a controller coding error in the script says its missing some sort of coding i am guessing. i have been trying for weeks on all versions of the excutables, roms, tables, etc to no avail except for one pinball that does work (The Blues Brothers) which is fine and all, but i more interested in playing other greats that i grew up playing when i was a kid. If anyone out there can throw some easy step by steps (i am even willing to purge everything and start over from scratch) procedures (with screenshots) then that would be cool. i have about a 7 year old hp compaq laptop with windows 7 on it, so i want to download pinballs that i can play on laptop, not like a cabinet or anything.

12 years and 6 months. That's a new record in thread necro.

Anyway nothing beats Pinball Illusions. These cash grabs churned out on a line by zen studios are not worthy to be even called pinball.

Metallica.pinball.James.promoFB.0506-13.jpg

Metallica_Detail12_webready.jpg

This one! Most amazing pinball game I've
ever played! They had it at my local dollar movie theater before it closed :( If you hit the area where the man was sitting in the chair it would electrocute him & star playing Ride the Lightning, it was epic! It played a number of their songs while playing also, it was really , really fun.

Last edited:
I love playing Zen Pinball 2 on the PS4. I'm not even that big of a fan of the genre, but I really dig that game. It has dozens of different layouts, themes, etc.
I can't recall if the main game was free or if it was cheap, but it comes with Sorcerer's Lair which is pretty cool by itself. Hell, I'm not even sure how or why I got it...but I'm glad I did.

Hello, maybe you can help me or at least point me in the right direction. So, basically i will try to make this post as brief as possible. To begin with, i am a huge video game fan and i love pinball too. I was born in the 70's, so i pretty much grew up in the mecca of all the the pinball greats through the 70's, 80's, and 90's. I am fully aware of the visual pinball and Pinmame emulators and have gone to the vpforums.org website and installed all the required files, watched tutorial videos, etc. I must be missing something in this equation because once all is said and done and i want to try out the goods, i usually get the official Active X controller missing error, which i have gone to the website and attempted to download the latest and greatest version of it and i believe it has downloaded; however, i keep continuing to get the same errors on most games and then i get a controller coding error in the script says its missing some sort of coding i am guessing. i have been trying for weeks on all versions of the excutables, roms, tables, etc to no avail except for one pinball that does work (The Blues Brothers) which is fine and all, but i more interested in playing other greats that i grew up playing when i was a kid. If anyone out there can throw some easy step by steps (i am even willing to purge everything and start over from scratch) procedures (with screenshots) then that would be cool. i have about a 7 year old hp compaq laptop with windows 7 on it, so i want to download pinballs that i can play on laptop, not like a cabinet or anything.

Dude, the guy might be dead.
That was posted 13 years ago.
Pick someone in your own decade!

Dude, the guy might be dead.
That was posted 13 years ago.
Pick someone in your own decade!
yeah i noticed that. That is why i started my own posted thread under the gaming category.
thanks for the reply. :) you are good people.

nneeew neeeecro recorrrrd cord cord cord!!!

pinball fx2 is my choice on pc. if you want to emu I love the old genesis game "crue ball" and the snes game" super pinball - behind the mask", tg16 "devil's crush" is supposed to be great or mame as suggested above.

True/+1.

Visual Pinball/Visual PinMAME were not just true to the original tables, they cleared the way for the actual creators (such as Williams - now WMS Gaming) to follow up with their own recreations. Pro Pinball was no slouch - I got the original (The Web) before I got into the Visual Pinball/PinMAME series - they thoroughly kicked 3D Space Cadet (the original Windows pinball game which was included with Microsoft Plus!) to the curb. (Yes - WMS Gaming - now into slot machines in a major way - is indeed all that is left of Williams Electronics (in addition to pinball machines, they also created the video-gaming tagteam of Defender and sequel Stargate/Defender II, along with dual-eight-way-joystick shoot-em-up Robotron 2084 (which also had pinball machines based on the same titles) - my favorite Williams pinball machines, though, are Time Warp, Firepower, and the original Black Knight and Black Knight 2000 - all of which are included in the WMS Pinball Instant Collection. (The first two are the first two pinball machines I actually "rolled over" in real life - (rolled over meaning scoring over one million points); you play pinball machines THAT hard, you can - literally - cramp AND get carpal tunnel syndrome. One is bad enough - both together are MUCH worse.)

I highly recommend Pinbal FX 2 has some amazing boards. Bethesda just let them add some with Skryim and Fallout themes. You make your own characters and level them up. Marvel ones and Star Wars are great. They have more traditional looking boards.

I was just checking out pinball games on Steam last week. I decided Pinball FX2 was the best, but not all their tables. Next was Pinball Arcade.

Both these game come with a free table so you could download both and have 2 free pinball tables. I think Pinball Arcade was well over 10GB though. Whether you buy a table or not you download it anyway.

I just found a large box in my loft called Pro Pinball Collectors edition.
Its 4 CDs and mentions installing on DOS or Win95/98.
Been so long since I played I cant remember it, wonder if its worth a try...

3D Ultra Pinball or bust

3duppc0f.jpg

Also, 3D Ultra Minigolf. Man, so many hours and memories in that game. Good stuff.

3-DUltraMiniGolf-jc.png

Back