Best PCIe 4.0 NVME Drive?

What is the best performing Gen 4 NVME drive for operating system and gaming?

• Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Samsung 980 Pro

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Western Digital Black SN850

Votes: 10 34.5%

• Total voters
Heh... oh look, I can get my game to load 43.11837 milliseconds faster using this one! :D
"to load 43.11837 milliseconds faster" That's because your on an old tech Intel with PCIe GEN3 cpu lanes. When Intel catches up, utube will tell you how wonderful PCIe GEN4 plus is.

I think the WD SN850 is the best overall.
This, and for that extra $150 you could just more than double your ram and get yourself a giant ramcache that'll be faster than any of em anyway.

Is the Sabrent Rocket Plus really $ 150 cheaper than the WD SN850? In Germany the WD is available since December for 422 €, the Sabrent will be released mid January for 400 € and that's about what Phison E16-NVMEs cost regularly (right now you can get a Corsair MP600 for ~340€). So they all cost more or less the same.

"to load 43.11837 milliseconds faster" That's because your on an old tech Intel with PCIe GEN3 cpu lanes. When Intel catches up, utube will tell you how wonderful PCIe GEN4 plus is.
Au contraire, Monsieur…. I have none of this old tech of which you speak... :D Check my sig. I specifically bought the Rocket 4 Plus for this new build.

Last edited:
I think the WD SN850 is the best overall.

Is the Sabrent Rocket Plus really $ 150 cheaper than the WD SN850? In Germany the WD is available since December for 422 €, the Sabrent will be released mid January for 400 € and that's about what Phison E16-NVMEs cost regularly (right now you can get a Corsair MP600 for ~340€). So they all cost more or less the same.

I don’t think they are that far apart in price. Amazon has the Rocket 4 Plus for $199 here and $230 for the WD SN850. From the reviews I’ve read, the WD is slightly faster, but also runs a bit hotter. To me it really is a wash, especially for home/gaming use in that they are both so blazing fast to begin with across the board. It’s not like the difference would ever be noticeable.

Back