Best Overclocking Tool for HD 6950?

Trackr

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey, I just finished installing the Arctic Accelero Xtreme Plus II onto my XFX HD 6950.

Needless to say, I am extremely impressed. Temps went from 85C to 51C in FurMark.

But now, I want to overclock as far as this cooler will let me..

Problem is, this is my first ATi card in a long time, and I can't seem to find a good piece of software to overclock it..

Afterburner and CCC seem to have a cap of 840Mhz.. can't seem to remove it.

So, any input much appreciated.

I am having a problem, though.

I can't set the voltage to above 1.3v and I can't get 1100Mhz to be stable @ 1.3v.

I can't set the voltage to above 1.3v and I can't get 1100Mhz to be stable @ 1.3v.

1100mhz on a 6950 its doable, but a hefty goal. Had one stable in the past at 1075

You can't just pick an arbitrary speed that worked for someone else and expect it to work for you. As for furmark, powertune +20?

You can disable all safety max's in afterburner in the settings.ini and set it to whatever you want.

Don't waste your time with Furmark. Those overclocks you're looking for are pretty insane for a 6950. Water cool it!

BTW my XFX wasn't a great clocker like my Gigabyte :( Might just be luck of the draw

Back