Best overall Monitor that swivels to portrait mode, but is just for general web surfing, etc

jordan12

[H]F Junkie
I haven't needed a new monitor in 10 years. My old BENQ died yesterday. I have 2 others, but really miss that third one that I use in portrait mode. The BENQ was 32"

Any brands to look at that you guys recommend? How do I search for monitors that specifically swivel?

EDIT: This site has a list of portrait monitors, https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/best/vertical
You can get this one, Link
1670737061487.png

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Anything with a VESA mount can be just mounted on a monitor arm to add swivel if a stock stand doesn't offer it.

32” are a challenge to swivel. I have a vesa mounting arm that allows it but due to the height it requires extreme gymnastics and a trip behind my desk to unplug everything. I don’t use my 32” in portrait mode as a daily thing. I would check desk clearance height and measure etc carefully if you buy an aftermarket arm.

If your old monitor had a stand that just used a VESA mount to connect the monitor to you can just attach your new monitor to that stand. All the monitors I have that are rotatable came with stands that just use standard VESA to connect the monitor to the stand.

3rding a vesa mount, I like the gas strut arm mounts, then you can ensure you have enough height in either direction. Keep the wires tidy and you won't have to play with them after

Back