Best overall case fan?

goldy

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello everyone, I need some suggestions when it comes to case fans for a PC case. The fans are for a Lian Li V-800, so I will need 1 80mm and 2 60mm. I want the fans to have high airflow at the same time have low db levels. I think overall the best line of fans I have found are the Panaflo. I am not looking for fancy looks or lights, I just want a good overall fan that is not loud. Any help or suggestions please! :D

itschop said:
Hello everyone, I need some suggestions when it comes to case fans for a PC case. The fans are for a Lian Li V-800, so I will need 1 80mm and 2 60mm. I want the fans to have high airflow at the same time have low db levels. I think overall the best line of fans I have found are the Panaflo. I am not looking for fancy looks or lights, I just want a good overall fan that is not loud. Any help or suggestions please! :D

High airflow and low dB is an oxymoron.

If you want low dB get some Nexus fans.

Panaflo are pretty decent for mid dB and mid airflow.

Then you can always get some screamers for high airflow but high dB.

I don't think nexus comes in 60mm?

oxy? i simply said the specs that i prefer for the fan i would like would ideally be low db level and a high air flow, meaning the fan pushes out lots of air with minimum noise i dont see were you get the oxy from?

Any oxymoron is a term that contradicts itself, like a fan that moves a lot of air but remains quiet. They don't exist, especially at 60mm. Your best bet would be to dremel those 60mm mounts out to 80mm and pick up a few of these.

Its not exactly an oxymoron, different fans are constructed differently with different materials, different shaped blades, different overall quality. This will make some fans have a higher ratio between sound and air flow.

I would recommend Noctua fans. I know they just came out with an 80mm fan, but I'm not sure about 60mm fans.

They are hard to find, but very worth it. Survey the reviews on these fans, and you'll see what I mean. You may have trouble finding them here in the states. I had to go to NCIX in Canada who carries the entire Noctua catalog.

Second choice are the Nexus fans.

Good luck

SilenX makes 90CFM fans that produce 18dBA and 65+CFM with 14 dBA. I use one and love it.

Back