Best online shops for GPU's?

lightsout

[H]ard|Gawd
I basically use amazon and newegg for tech. Amazon imo has always sucked for GPU's, they often don't carry a lot of models and the prices seem to be higher.

Newegg has been my go to but I don't use them much anymore.

Is there any other place that is reliable and has a decent inventory in the US?

Last edited:
I order from Best Buy sometimes. It sounds silly, but I've found when NewEgg sells out, BB will get inventory here and there cause I guess people check it less.
They seem to be usually over priced. I walked around my local bestbuy yesterday and didn't see any GPU's in store. Seemed like they had taken them off the shelf. They never carried much in store but always nice to see GPU's in a brick and mortar.

Most of my GPUs have been Newegg purchases.

Interestingly enough, when I was stationed up north (Yellowknife NT); I would make my purchases through Newegg's ebay store to save on shipping. If I ordered through their site directly, I'd get gouged hard on shipping (though understandably due to my location), but through their ebay site, I'd be eligible for $5.99-9.99 shipping. No idea why it worked out that way.

I've bought my 2080 Tis from Best Buy. Reward points, and a great extended warranty option means if something goes wrong, I can bring it in and get the latest and greatest if it's not in stock with a store credit equal to my original purchase price. It's really the best option out there right now.

Best Buy will price match anyone so it can not be higher on the same product you looking at as they priced for me a lot and there is inventory as the BB I was at yesterday had fresh Ryzen cpu's and Tomahawk boards , seen a RX5700 XT and 5700 ref .. so a lot of AMD's product is in BB SKU's almost like a way to release to public like a factory store .

I even bought a 3700x while I stood there as they had 4 or 5 in the case along with the others being 3600 and 3200g is there normal MO and was the same as Newegg or Amazon at $329 .. the tax to me is from my hand to your hand type shipping cost which means a lot as it's not lost or damaged .. and I said I had it in hand = turbo mode till your home .

Last edited:
Online GPU purchase, about the only option is Newegg, unless you go direct from the manufacturer, i.e. NVidia or EVGA

I've bought my 2080 Tis from Best Buy. Reward points, and a great extended warranty option means if something goes wrong, I can bring it in and get the latest and greatest if it's not in stock with a store credit equal to my original purchase price. It's really the best option out there right now.
That does sound like a pretty sweet deal.

I hgandful of choices, but, they all Canada based for most part...which is quite hard enough get proper pricing on "best of days" more often than not, it seems be between PowerTech (forget exact name...only used handfull times) ShopRBC.com, Newegg and Amazon..best buy ok for product hunt (sometimes get good find/price)

unfortunate, usually ONLY Newegg/Amazon have free ship without be forced spend hundreds...

what I total :mad: about Newegg/Amazon lately is 3rd party sellers they NOT list in huge bold letters etc, once get bill/invoice see will be 1+ mth later possible AND a shipper NOT like dealing with (upcharge.... D ... HL ... my many experience with... Fedex 2x...Purolator only 1 on my mistake....

hard to find good place shop nice selection, proper customer service, take time listen, not give life time limit of returns NOT fault of own (hell, retuyrn, if allowed should NOT have limits period, if not a jerk about it.

^.^

Yeah, I usually use Newegg as well.

I feel like they have better search features and more reliable reviews.

Plus, Jeff Bezos has enough money, lol.

Can also check out Microcenter, and Fry's. Sometimes you'll get lucky and have a BM one close enough to get too. Besides that, Amazon, Newegg are the other choices.

Never had a problem with Newegg or Best Buy. Have also ordered directly from EVGA and NVIDIA before. Only issue with them is the shipping takes longer from their fulfillment services than the big online retailers.

My problem with Newegg is that they don't offer refunds for returned GPUs. They only do exchanges.

I usually go with Amazon or Best Buy. Bought my current one directly from Evga because they had the best price.

My problem with Newegg is that they don't offer refunds for returned GPUs. They only do exchanges.

I usually go with Amazon or Best Buy. Bought my current one directly from Evga because they had the best price.
Yeah that is a pretty decent negative. Last gpu I bought was direct from EVGA as well.

Do any of you guys still use www.pricewatch.com? At least for shopping and comparisons?
I used to use that all the time when I was building rigs for people. I know it's still around though.

Nevermind, I just checked it out, and it seems very outdated. Deals can still be found there, but it doesn't seem like many vendors participate like they used to. That's worrisome.

Last edited:
Just Newegg for me. Can't get the rebates and free games when buying from Amazon and its third party sellers.

From past experiences the best deals on high end cards can usually be found this time of year. Just got a decent deal for a 2080ti with a $30 rebate card and free Modern Warfare.

Looking at past invoices, I have always bought my video cards in Oct/Nov for the rebates and free game bundles.

I miss pricewatch.com. I used to do complete system builds by ordering each component from whoever had them cheapest. Seems like the site is mostly dead now.
These days I mainly just use Amazon, Microcenter, and NewEgg. Occasionally Google will pull up good prices from Tigerdirect, B&H, etc.
Not sure if it's still an option, but in the past you could occasionally buy parts a-la-carte from sites like Cyberpower and iBuyPower. I bought a card for a friend at iBuyPower (years ago) that was sold out everywhere.

Do any of you guys still use www.pricewatch.com? At least for shopping and comparisons?
I used to use that all the time when I was building rigs for people. I know it's still around though.

Nevermind, I just checked it out, and it seems very outdated. Deals can still be found there, but it doesn't seem like many vendors participate like they used to. That's worrisome.

PcPartpicker.com took pricewatch's spot years ago.

if any of you old guys are avoiding best buy because of them generally sucking at everything they did from 2000-2015, you are really missing out. price matching, free ship to store(like fast. mostly same day), and great return policies. i just returned a dead drive to the store no questions asked and got cash back. i check there first now.

if any of you old guys are avoiding best buy because of them generally sucking at everything they did from 2000-2015, you are really missing out. price matching, free ship to store(like fast. mostly same day), and great return policies. i just returned a dead drive to the store no questions asked and got cash back. i check there first now.
Yeah I have started checking them out, limited options but at least fair pricing compared to the rest. Although the return policy may idk. They may take back whatever but I hate the 14 day window. If you use them a lot they up the return period so thats cool.

Amazon, Newegg, Microcenter, B&H even Adorama has GPUs. Typically I'll check everywhere and then the eBay storefronts for the same companies also. Best Buy is good if you have a Best Buy CC, which gives points and special financing (if you need it, I always take the points). Many of the online stores with B&M also have ship to store for pickup if that's more convenient for you. I know some people don't like UPS / Fedex leaving $$$ gear on their front stoop and risk having to deal with porch pirates.

Usually newegg for GPUs. Premier membership is nice. Though honestly I'd buy from hard forum first on almost every tech related purchase if I can.

Bestbuy by me, Lady Lake Florida, has MSI and XFX 5700 and 5700 XT’s ready for pickup. Also EVGA 2080 TI and down NVidia cards ready for pickup at MSRP. Just bought an EVGA 850w modular Gold plus power supply from them. They have multiple power supplies available. X570 motherboards in stock and so on. I bought my 3900x from them as well.

At the moment they are pretty good for go and get computer parts. Still use Newegg for virtually everything else.

Yeah I have started checking them out, limited options but at least fair pricing compared to the rest. Although the return policy may idk. They may take back whatever but I hate the 14 day window. If you use them a lot they up the return period so thats cool.
The 14-day no questions asked return period is standard, as far as I know. Everywhere I've shopped has the same policy.

The 14-day no questions asked return period is standard, as far as I know. Everywhere I've shopped has the same policy.
Microcenter is 30 days, no questions asked, if you buy in store. Might be the same online too, not sure. I even verified this when I bought my 2080Ti in store and they confirmed I had 30 days to return or exchange if need be. Which is a great window to have as I tested the hell out of it to ensure it was not a dud. :)

Microcenter is 30 days, no questions asked, if you buy in store. Might be the same online too, not sure. I even verified this when I bought my 2080Ti in store and they confirmed I had 30 days to return or exchange if need be. Which is a great window to have as I tested the hell out of it to ensure it was not a dud. :)
There are no Micro Center stores in Florida :cry:.

Back