Best of the Best: PSUs

It is inferior to the HCP 1200. The point we're making is that it is MARGINALLY inferior. It's like the difference between finding $100 and $101 dollars. Both is good, just one is barely better.
ah :p

thank you

i am happy with my decision, and also i didn't really ever get a good inkling about the Antec High Current Pro 1200W. I just have trouble accepting Antec anymore

maybe it's a bit unfounded and irrational, but i did have two bad experiences with Antec... one when i sold an Antec TruePower II 430W for like $20 which apparently didn't survive shipping to someone on here (DOA)... i highly doubt a person would rip me off for $20, so i refunded them (it surprised me that it died because i was using it without issue for awhile)

and then secondly i ordered an Antec Earth Watts 430W that was brand new in the box (shrink wrap still on) from eBay that was DOA, and also sort of weird looking... it was a blue Earth Watts... thankfully Antec honored an RMA request, but that doubled the cost of the investment from $25 to ~45 or so because it was very expensive to ship it USPS priority and then to see them ship at the slowest possible speed for the replacement part...

so my main concern with Antec is with their reliability, which is a very important benchmark for me even though the High Current Pro 1200W might be marginally better electrically speaking i am still curious to how reliable it is...

sorry for the slight bit of pessimism about my recent purchase, but i just wish the Corsair AX1200 was electrically better (i actually like the idea of a single rail 12V design)

Shit I have been using the case Antec Truepower trio 430 for over 6 years :eek: I have never had any problems other than the fan circuit went out so i plugged the fan into my fan controller, no big deal.

I'm going to mess with all y'all's heads and say Super Flower Golden Green 1300W or Enermax Max Revo 1350W. ;)

I'm going to mess with all y'all's heads and say Super Flower Golden Green 1300W or Enermax Max Revo 1350W. ;)

hmm, did a little research on that Super Flower Golden Green 1300W and

DSC05934.jpg

Overall, this power supply performed very well. If you're only doing three way SLI or Crossfire as opposed to four-way or putting in a fourth card for dedicated Physx, this power supply is perfect. That is, if you can find it in your country and it's competitively priced. The Golden Green 1300W proved to be a solid performer and seems to have what it takes to last a long time (Japanese primary capacitors, sold polymer caps on the secondary and a dual ball bearing fan).

The Good:

+12V regulation within 1.5%
80 Plus Gold efficiency
Very quiet
Excellent ripple suppression
Compact size
All Japanese capacitors, including solid polymer caps on the secondary
The Bad:

Only available in Korea at the time this review was written

i think i need to get a new PSU too. my recent upgrade seems to be making my PSU twitching with weird BSOD.

full system specs
990x (recent upgrade) @4.53ghz 133@34 with silver arrow
all other fans are sony sflex 21F series(1600rpm) total 5x120mm fans
pioneer BDR-205
seagate 500gb 2.5" 7200rpm dockable via stysen E06

Asus P6T7
6x4Gb G.skill 1866 (recent upgrade)@stock
PCIE1/2: GTX590 (recent upgrade) @stock
PCIE3: auzentech forte
PCIE4/5: GTX293 @stock
PCIE6: avermedia H727
PCIE7: adaptec 51245
seagate 500Gb x11 raid5+1 2xSNT SAS3051B cage +1SNT SAS136B
intel 160Gb G2 x2 R0

currently using FSP everest 1010(1kw?)
should i spend more money and get AX1200?

Last edited:
i think i need to get a new PSU too. my recent upgrade seems to be making my PSU twitching with weird BSOD.

full system specs
pioneer BDR-205

Asus P6T7
intel 160Gb G2 x2 R0

WTF are you doing with a GTX 590 and a GTX 295 in the same system!?..

full system specs
pioneer BDR-205

Asus P6T7
intel 160Gb G2 x2 R0

Future reference: Make your own thread instead of hijacking someone else's, you have a better chance of getting proper responses that way.

If that 1kw power supply can put out 1kw, then it is enough.

I am rather partial to the superflower golden greens also myself now. It's a pretty sexy platform indeed :)
Also erek with your absolutely ridiculous need for the "best", you lose the whole point of getting a psu at the right price, right size, right efficiency, right dc. Right is better than mindlessly best always. Also you will always not have the best ever. Because the best is always coming out. All the high quality platinum psus will eat your current psu, than all the unobtainium ones will eat that.

2 year extra warranty is highly superior in my book. There is no doubt the corsair is a better buy even if its very slightly inferior than the Antec.

I see you have some remorse over the AX-1200.....

I have the AX-1200 and couldn't be happier. For me the choice was simple, good reviews by reputable sites, fully modular with very nice thin ribbon cables for the most part,reasonably compact size for my case and the best customer service anywhere.

I read as much as I could before purchasing, but at the time I bought mine, I don't think there was much competition in this category.....there were many 1000W units, but only three 1200s as I recall.....and one was the old Ultra PSU.

I don't think you made a wrong choice, but that Antec has also received high marks.

i just don't get the greatest of feelings about the Antec High Current Pro.. it just doesn't sit right with me, and that is why i came down with the decision to get the AX1200, but i suppose it would have been nice to atleast mess with a High Current Pro 1200W...

sofar the AX1200 has been solid

I'd have agree that the Corsair AX1200 is the top dog now but has anyone had any good luck with the Ultra X4 and X3 series? I'm looking for a good 850-1-- watt psu for my new build that don't break my wallet.

The AX-1200 has been running like a champ for me with 3x5870s and 2x5850. I have never heard the fan and the heat coming out of the exhaust is only a little warmer than the surrounding air temp.

Although there are other very high quality units, the Corsair gets my vote this time.

The AX-1200 has been running like a champ for me with 3x5870s and 2x5850. I have never heard the fan and the heat coming out of the exhaust is only a little warmer than the surrounding air temp.

Although there are other very high quality units, the Corsair gets my vote this time.
5 GPUs in one rig? bitcoin miner?

Back