Best non-SSD price/GB ratio right now?

Stiletto

Supreme [H]ardness
I've got some 4TB drives that are getting stretched thin. Are 4TB drives still the optimal size for the price for storage like they were a few years ago? If not, what size is?

I've got some 4TB drives that are getting stretched thin. Are 4TB drives still the optimal size for the price for storage like they were a few years ago? If not, what size is?
pcpartpicker is useful for that,let you rank by price/gb:

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/internal-hard-drive/#sort=ppgb&page=1
Right now bot a 4 adn 16tb are goin for $0.014

A giant amount of drive-size goes from .14 to .17, so many size so close, that it would mostly be what is during this week best rebate outthere than a specific size.

The WD 14TB Easystore / Elements are $14/TB when they are on sale for $200. They were just one sale at Best Buy, so maybe this Black Friday they'll be cheaper, maybe $169.

The WD 14TB Easystore / Elements are $14/TB when they are on sale for $200. They were just one sale at Best Buy, so maybe this Black Friday they'll be cheaper, maybe $169.
I used to buy and shuck drives, but not long ago I discovered that WD internal drives were actually less money. Of course YMMV.

I used to buy and shuck drives, but not long ago I discovered that WD internal drives were actually less money. Of course YMMV.
I can't recall any of the 12-20TB internals being cheaper than external version, but there was one time where the 18TB Red Pro was sold by a 3rd party seller on Amazon for $239.
I am thinking that that deal was done with either a stolen credit card or compromised account since the drive I got was drop shipped from Newegg.

Back