Best network Virus/Spyware/Malware/Adware Detection/Removal

What would the best software to meet these requirements for servers and clients running Windows 2003/XP/Vista:
  • Antivirus
  • Spyware Detection
  • Malware Detection
  • Adware Detection
  • Small System Footprint on space and resources
  • Updates sent from Server to all clients
  • Controlled by server
  • Integration with Microsoft Exchange
Please give me your best suggestions, thanks.

Kaspersky or Esets NOD32..they both produce enterprise versions and have optional Exchange server modules.

virus scan all i use is mcafee, since thats what we use in our enterprise.

but ive had extremely good luck with the microsoft windows defender for prying out spyware/malware.

What would the best software to meet these requirements for servers and clients running Windows 2003/XP/Vista:
  • Antivirus
  • Spyware Detection
  • Malware Detection
  • Adware Detection
  • Small System Footprint on space and resources
  • Updates sent from Server to all clients
  • Controlled by server
  • Integration with Microsoft Exchange
Please give me your best suggestions, thanks.

Nod32
Ewido, Spybot (but I don't know if these two are able to do exactly what you are looking for via controlled by the server).

Nod32
Ewido, Spybot (but I don't know if these two are able to do exactly what you are looking for via controlled by the server).

Ewido disappeared last year....Grisoft (AVG) bought them up, disco'd Ewido's product, and rolled some of the technology into their own product...Grisoft AS.

NOD32 it is then, I just wish there were some products out for Vista that worked. I really hate Vista's "Security", it's more like a hassle.

Kaspersky 6.0 and up will work with VISTA i am using it, plus Norton System Internet security 2007 also works, i am using it too.

AVG AS/AV for workgroup systems, Norton Corp/ windows defender in domain environment.

I'm using the following, all are free!

Adaware
Spybot
Avast AV
Comodo firewall
Spyware Blaster
Spyware Guard
Protowall + Blocklist Manager
System safety Monitor (Free Editition) - A good HIPS
HiJack This - Occasionally
Rootkit Revealer - Occasionally
XP-Antispy - Occasionally or after installing patches etc.
Autoruns - Occasionally or after installing something
SafeXP - Occasionally
DSOstop 2 - fixes an issue MS havent sorted out!

NTRegOpt - a very good registry optimisation tool that simply builds a new registry with a lot of rubbish removed. Rebooting starts using the new registry. Its quick and easy to use.

Back