Best Network+ Books?

Wiseguy2001

2[H]4U
As the title says, I’m looking for the best book(s) for taking my network+ exam, also did just want to pass the test I also want to gain a good foundation to be a competent network technician.

Also my access to network hardware is severely limited. So any book that come with simulators will be a great help.

I read Mike Mayers A+ cert book. It was very good (apart from all the typos). But i would still recommend it to everyone!

But reviewers have said that it doesn't cover the whole syllabus, Can anyone dismiss or back this up?

I looked at some of the books that Skrich recommended but they old a bit old but they look a bit too hardcore for me at the moment.

Thanks for your suggestions, keep em’ coming

Originally posted by Wiseguy2001
I looked at some of the books that Skrich recommended but they old a bit old but they look a bit too hardcore for me at the moment.

They're old, but nothing about networking they deal with has changed since they were written. They describe the core protocols, how they're implemented, and how they work.

Originally posted by skritch
They're old, but nothing about networking they deal with has changed since they were written. They describe the core protocols, how they're implemented, and how they work.
true, those ARE supposed to be some of the best networking books. but are they good books for the network+ exam? that's what the question was if i understand correctly.

Originally posted by big daddy fatsacks
true, those ARE supposed to be some of the best networking books. but are they good books for the network+ exam? that's what the question was if i understand correctly.

Probably not. I thought he wanted to actually learn the material, not just study for the exam, though.

Originally posted by Wiseguy2001

But reviewers have said that it doesn't cover the whole syllabus, Can anyone dismiss or back this up?

I used this book and only this book to study for the Net+ test and passed easily. For what it is worth...

What about doing a CCNA instead? the to cisco books come to >2400 pages where as the Network+ book come to ~800 pages - so they contain more information?

What do you guys reckon?

Back