Best mousepad for Photoshop ??

MikeSp

Weaksauce
I am using a Logitech MX1100 mouse for Photoshop work (yes, I realize I should be using a tablet) and am wondering which mousepad is recommended for PS work.

Thoughts/opinions

MikeSp

I'm just going to go out on a limb here and state that it really doesn't matter. If anything, get a good desk with a good surface so you don't have a mousepad to go off the edges of.

I don't think it matters much, although a slight preference would go to rougher "precision" pads, than super-smooth "fast" pads.

You don't state what you're using PS for, it's one thing to simply be enhancing and touching up photos and another to be producing digital art by sketching on a blank canvas.

I don't think it matters much, although a slight preference would go to rougher "precision" pads, than super-smooth "fast" pads.

You don't state what you're using PS for, it's one thing to simply be enhancing and touching up photos and another to be producing digital art by sketching on a blank canvas.

Digital darkroom work in working with photos.

Thanks,

MikeSp

mostly the answer is whatever is most comfortable for your hands.. I use my old school ratpadz at work with a cheaper microsoft optical intellimouse because it offers so little resistance. I do use a wrist-gel with it though. My job is as a CAD operator so I'm using it most all of the day. Playing with the sensitivities in the software is what I find you'll end up tweaking more than anything.

razer goliath has both "control" and "speed" versions. i imagine the control version would work well for what you're doing.

ratpadz xt + mx510 or mx1100 = win

seriously don't even bother researching. i just pwned this thread.

beware the goliath naming convention is a bit confusing. read up more here
http://wire.ggl.com/2008/10/14/review-razer-goliathus-mouse-mat/

"speed" is for more sensitive mice and offers more resistance

'control' is more like a ratpadz and is very slick with the mouse moving farther with less effort.

That's not what it says. It says that "control" is coarse and is "supposed to add friction" and "speed" has a fine weave which "enhances the speed of your mouse".

i have the same mouse and just use a cutting mat from the art store as a mouse pad, it works great is inexpensive and has a unique look

Back