Best mouse for cs:go?

tenishasc

n00b
Hi guys, I'm looking for a new mouse for gaming purposes. My current one is Steelseries 110, which I've always really liked. Thinking of maybe getting a new one, but a newer version.

What should I get?

Last edited:

GotNoRice

[H]F Junkie
Asking someone to help you pick out a mouse is like asking someone to help you pick out shoes or a jacket. What matters is how it feels in your hand and what your preferences are. What kind of shape do you prefer? Do you prefer big mice or small mice? How many buttons do you prefer? Do you prefer mice that have the mouse5 button as a tiny side button or as more of a normal mouse button? Are you okay with wired, or do you prefer a mouse that is twice as heavy because it has batteries in it? 15+ years ago there used to be technical reasons to choose one mouse over another, but mice are a very mature technology at this point, so it's really about preference.

pendragon1

Fully [H]
1599257146782.png

or what GTR said...

trick0502

Supreme [H]ardness
any mouse with 1000hz polling and an optical sensor. after that its what feels best in your hand.

Aegir

Limp Gawd
What you really need to focus on is MOUSEPAD.

You wanna miss your shots because your mouse slipped too far? Heck no.
Get a really good mousepad. Some professionals are known to literally just rub a little MTN DEW on their desk and use the stickines to keep their mouse in check.

For me, my secret setup is a secret, so I can't tell you in case we find ourselves locked in battle someday. But trust me, it's all about interface. If you spend $100+ on a quality mouse, then you need a good mousepad too. Really good. Don't go cheap.

Ready4Dis

2[H]4U
What you really need to focus on is MOUSEPAD.

You wanna miss your shots because your mouse slipped too far? Heck no.
Get a really good mousepad. Some professionals are known to literally just rub a little MTN DEW on their desk and use the stickines to keep their mouse in check.

For me, my secret setup is a secret, so I can't tell you in case we find ourselves locked in battle someday. But trust me, it's all about interface. If you spend $100+ on a quality mouse, then you need a good mousepad too. Really good. Don't go cheap.
Yeah, Kyle needs to bring back the ratpadz!!!! Ok, half of the guys here probably don't even remember them, but I bought 2 ;).

Saturn_V

[H]ard|Gawd
Yeah, Kyle needs to bring back the ratpadz!!!! Ok, half of the guys here probably don't even remember them, but I bought 2 ;).

I grabbed two Ratpadz from that AMD show [H] did in Dallas in 2011. Won a giveway GPU card too.

I've given up on the Corsair gaming mice and am trying a MSFT Pro Intellimouse again. 3 months and so far so good. Only downside is you can only adjust DPI in the mouse's software control panel. (adjustable DPI on the fly is one of those uber-gamer features I never used)

trick0502

Supreme [H]ardness
I grabbed two Ratpadz from that AMD show [H] did in Dallas in 2011. Won a giveway GPU card too.

I've given up on the Corsair gaming mice and am trying a MSFT Pro Intellimouse again. 3 months and so far so good. Only downside is you can only adjust DPI in the mouse's software control panel. (adjustable DPI on the fly is one of those uber-gamer features I never used)

i set the first 3 dpi setting all to 800. i kept hitting it on accident mid fights so i said f that. all the same.

SolarBeam

n00b
I used to be a big fan of steelseries sensei mouse and if you asked me this 2 years ago I would definately recommend classic sensei. In nowadays, I am completely switched to Razer, if you prefer big mouses take a look at Razer Viper or Razer Deathadder v2. I personally use Razer Basilisk and it's perfect mouse for me.

P.S. you can still find Microsoft 1.1a mouse :)

Kalessian

n00b
The mousereview subreddit covers a lot of in depth gaming mouse discussion and the latest fads. That said, get a WMO (joking... sort of).