Best/Most Latest X58 Board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Stryker

Supreme [H]ardness
With USB 3.0, SATA 3.0, awesome with overclocking, etc.

I have an H100i on the way and would like to push my 980X a bit more (Something tells me that my Gigabyte EX58-UD3R isn't pushing it to its maximum potential) and was wondering what board would be best tailored towards my engineering sample 980X.

Becareful with those ES 980x cpu's, bit of voltage bump can kill them out of the blue. Best X58 mobos of all time would have to be the AR3E/Black Edition, Gigabyte UD7 and the Gigabyte G1 Assassin.

Any of the Asus Rampage III boards (Formula or Extreme), Asus X58 Sabertooth, MSI Big Bang XPower, any of the Gigabyte G1 boards, Gigabyte X58A-UD3R/UD5/UD7/UD9 would be my recommendations.

Thanks guys for the recommendations. I see a X58 G1 Guerrilla on the FS/FT forum. I'm currently using 1.45v for 4.4 GHz and it seems to be stable but gets too hot right in a matter of seconds, my poor Hyper212+ cooler can't handle it. Tried 1.525 with 4.53GHz and it was stable too, but the tests automatically stopped because the temperatures went up too high past 100C and it didn't cause a BSOD so I'm hoping that the H100i would help drop it by at least 10-20C. I also ordered a stick of MX-2 paste.

EDIT: Actually.. drop this. Sorry...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back