Best monitor for work regardless of cost?

rabident

Limp Gawd
For office type work. Excel, e-mail... basically text. I'm not doing anything that requires color accuracy or a wide gamut. I just want something easy on my eyes.

If you don't sit infront of a window, then the Apple Cinema Display 27" will do nicely. Expensive, but glossy. I'm sorry, but my brain is a bit numb today, so I'm not up to finding any decent TN panels.

Glossy will help make text sharper, at the cost of being a bit reflective.

im not in the same boat as you(im more in a little row boat then a yacht) but im in the same body of water as you. Need something decently big with clear text for spreadsheets and bids but wanting something cheaper...

Cheap $300 27"/28" 1920x1200 or 1920x1080 monitor.

I wouldn't spend $1000 on a ~2560x1600 monitor if its just going to be MS office, email, and text.

Cheap $300 27"/28" 1920x1200 or 1920x1080 monitor.

I wouldn't spend $1000 on a ~2560x1600 monitor if its just going to be MS office, email, and text.

He mentioned excel... and depending on the spreadsheets, 2560x1600 could be a godsend.

The great thing about a 30" 2560 x 1600 monitor for spreadsheets is that you can see large spreadsheets with tons of data on the screen w/o having to scroll.

The bad thing about a 30" monitor is the text may be a little too small for your liking. The better your vision, the better you will like a 30" monitor. Of course you can always increase the zoom to make things easier to see.

An alternative is a 26" - 28" monitor with 1920 x 1200 resolution. Much cheaper than a 30" monitor, and by default text will be easier to read.

Once you decide which resolution is better for you, then it will make it much easier to provide recommendations.

The doctors say my vision is 20/20 but I have been suffering from headaches and now nausea from looking at the screen too long. I bought a Dell 24" 6 years ago and it was great for spreadsheets, but recently it started making me sick to look at it. I've increased the font sized which helps with the headaches some, but now I've lost screen real estate. So I want to get a bigger monitor, but more importantly I need something that's real easy on the eyes.

Is there a particular technology or feature makes one monitor easier to look at than another?

it sounds like you have astigmatism. but if the eye doctor says it;s ok. do you take regular brakes and use the 10/10/10 rule?

Back