best monitor for pop up colors?

insoc123

Limp Gawd
Hi, I'm accustomed to my DELL UP3017Q. It's an old monitor, but with fantastic colors. I'm looking for a refresh. I also have a PREDATOR X38P monitor and a BENQ SW321C. I like to edit photos (not professionally but as a hobby) and occasionally gaming. What I like about the UP3017Q is that even the mundane stuff looks great. I don't know if it is because it's an OLED panel, a glossy panel or extended gamut monitor.

The Benq SW321C it's a professional monitor for photography but the colors do not seem to pop out that nicely like the UP3017Q.

I'm leaning towards the ALIENWARE AW3423DW because everywhere I've read the users consistently say that the colors are great, really pop out, and it's such a delight to use. I would like to know if you have suggestions other than this monitor in a bigger size and/or better resolution that would also reproduce colors the way I love: pop out colors?

Likewise, I remember long ago I had a DELL U2410 that also had beautiful pop out vivid colors.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Thank you!!

you fell for vivid or store display modes, its not realistic and really just oversaturation. you can just enable it in a new monitors settings or in your video driver software. or get an oled that doesnt need trickery.

I am pretty pleased with the colors on the Alienware Oled monitor.
IMG_2325.JPEG

you fell for vivid or store display modes, its not realistic and really just oversaturation. you can just enable it in a new monitors settings or in your video driver software. or get an oled that doesnt need trickery.

Actually not, maybe I chose my wording bad. When I watch movies on my 77" OLED TV I always watch in TECHNICOLOR mode or CINEMA MODE, I hate the vivid/standard mode. My DELL UP3017Q colors pop out IN COMPARISON with my other monitors but it does not mean necessarily that those colors are unrealistic.

Actually not, maybe I chose my wording bad. When I watch movies on my 77" OLED TV I always watch in TECHNICOLOR mode or CINEMA MODE, I hate the vivid/standard mode. My DELL UP3017Q colors pop out IN COMPARISON with my other monitors but it does not mean necessarily that those colors are unrealistic.
k. still, go oled or dq-oled

Alienware Oled monitor.
is that the oled or the new qd-oled?

Beautiful colors! Look at those RED colors! Pop out naturally if such a thing exists. Closer to the real thing...
youre looking at a cellphone pic of his monitor through your monitor...

k. still, go oled or dq-oled

is that the oled or the new qd-oled?

youre looking at a cellphone pic of his monitor through your monitor...
If you had to suggest the monitor with the color rendition you've like the most, which one would it be? In other words, what would be the best monitor for you to suggest overall?

i havent seen the new qd-oled, i just know everyones raving about them. so probably that alienware or the DWF version for freesync and a lot less money.

Jut hold your displays for now. There current monitors are all over specs for sRGB coverage with decent accuracy. What the "pop out color" you are saying is the extra wider gamut for higher brightness.

Also check your display setting to make sure they are under the same color space.

The two monitors you use are professional monitors with better color accuracy than most most monitors even in 2023.

AW3423DW only has DCI-P3 color space. It doesn't even pop as much as VA panel of PG35VQ with Adobe Color space. IPS monitors like PG32UQX has the most colors and it is capable of displaying them all.

Since you do photo editing can I assume your old Dell has been calibrated with a calorimeter? If so, that "Pop" color you're referring shouldn't have anything to do with Vivid or store display modes but most likely because it is an Extended Gamut, OLED and Glossy.

Since you do photo editing can I assume your old Dell has been calibrated with a calorimeter? If so, that "Pop" color you're referring shouldn't have anything to do with Vivid or store display modes but most likely because it is an Extended Gamut, OLED and Glossy.
yeah we cleared that up, i was just misunderstanding.

Thank you all for your responses and suggestions. I just ordered the Alienware 3423DW. It's curious, I bought for my daughter the Apple Studio Display last year and I connected it to my Windows PC (USB C to DisplayPort cable) and even though the ASD has been heavily criticized and it's not a professional monitor, the colors are nicely rendered, and the blacks are outstandingly good for an IPS and I guess it all must be because it is a GLOSSY display, same as my UP3017Q...

Thank you all for your responses and suggestions. I just ordered the Alienware 3423DW. It's curious, I bought for my daughter the Apple Studio Display last year and I connected it to my Windows PC (USB C to DisplayPort cable) and even though the ASD has been heavily criticized and it's not a professional monitor, the colors are nicely rendered, and the blacks are outstandingly good for an IPS and I guess it all must be because it is a GLOSSY display, same as my UP3017Q...

Hi, Not sure if you will see this or not, but I am looking for a UP3017Q. Are you by chance interested in selling yours and if so, how much would you like for it?

Thank you!

Back