Best modular power supply for thermaltke Armor?

loafer87gt

Limp Gawd
I am putting together a new Kentsfield / 8800 GTX build this weekend and am having a hard time decidig which PSU to go for. The three I have shortlisted right now are the Enermax Galaxy 1000 (seems a bit overkill, and most expensive at $349 CDN), the Silvertone Zeus 750 (not modular, but seems to get quite good revivews and is priced at $218 CDN), and the last is the Corsair 620HSX (modular, Seasonic guts, and well priced at $165 CDN). Using the Extreme Power Supply Caculator it said that my current build would drawing max 537 watts. This is what I plan on having in the machine:

1 x 150 GB Raptor
2 x 320 Seagate SATA Drives
3 x 120 MM Fans
1 x Evga 8800 GTX
Kentsfield OC'd to ~3.00 at maximum 1.4 V
Pioneer DVD
Floppy
Dell 2405 display

What do you guys think I should go for? The Corsair sounds nice, but I can't help but feel the 620W might be pushing it a little. Is there any other quality modular PSU's I should be looking at that would work well for my application?

Any advice would be mucho appreciated.

Thanks

I think the Seasonic M12 700W is pretty good. I just ordered one for a new build.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/review_details.php?id=13

His final words are:

"So there you have it. A very high 8.5 as the final score. With the high price and mediocre appearance really being the M12 700W's only potential downfalls, it's easy to say that if the M12 is within your budget this PSU may be your perfect 10!"

Downfalls are high price and appearance, performance is great though.

Cost me $200 USD yesterday.

Edit:

Silverstone Zeus's are really nice too, although as you said, they are not modular. I've had two Zeus's in the past, and both were great.

I used a PC Power & Cooling "Silencer". It isn't modular, but it does have an advantage on this case. It does not have a fan on the bottom side, which is good because on the Armor the power supply is mouinted sideways and a fan would but up right against the rear HDD cage.

-- Rev

Back