best mini itx z170 for 6700k ?

oldy

Weaksauce
Hi

i really cant deiced which MoBo to get

on paper ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac have best features " i think" but also have alot of bad reviews
Asus Z170I PRO GAMING on the other hand have nice UEFI but no type-c and the wifi not that good < it have better reviews
GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170N-Gaming 5 have type-c but not that good UEFI (as they says) < reviews are good generally

any board over 200$ is out of my reach but i welcome any suggestion

stability is most important factor to me then the features

Those are really your only options. I think the ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac is the best value for money. Lots of usb 3.0/3.1 usb ports, display port, m.2 socket, load of options in the bios. As a bonus: leds which show you which component fail to start. Like you said though the reviews aren't as good as the other boards which really sucks to see because I've had nothing but good experience with ASRock boards. Going to be getting the ASRock Fatal1ty Professional Gaming i7 here soon.

The GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170N-Gaming 5 is an attractive looking motherboard and was my second choice (ATX version) over ASRock.

I personally would go for the GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170N-Gaming 5. The layout looks better to me and I believe the UEFI has been updated though not 100% sure on that. Not to mention it costs less than the ASRock board.

I would go with the Asus one, personally.

Regarding the Gigabyte one, "Bad UEFI" is a big fuckin' deal. I have a Gigabyte X99 board that was basically unusable for the first three months I owned it because the BIOS was so flaky. It was so bad that I RMA'd it, thinking maybe it was a hardware issue, but no, it's just how it is. It now has what will likely be the final update a ("beta" Bios) that makes it work right, but by the point that was released, that model had been on sale for like 18 months. No way I'd deal with that again - I'd need to see one in action with the latest BIOS on it working correctly, especially on an ITX machine where you're sacrificing so much to get it to be small and sleek and (presumably) painless.

Regarding the ASRock one, I have no experience to base an opinion on, but if the rest of the market says stay away from that model, I'll go along with that. ASRock usually gets good reviews, though.

Asus and MSI have both served me well in the past, but it should be noted that this is a crap shoot. Sometimes you win with a given marque, other times you lose. I win more frequently with Asus than I do with Gigabyte, though, and I really like the MSI board that I replaced that hellacious Gigabyte one with.

I agree the ASUS one is probably your safest choice here. The ASUS pro gaming (ATX version) is one of the most popular boards according to futuremark Motherboard Reviews. I like going with ITX builds but it was because of the lack of choices right now that casued to stray away from it and go with a full size ATX. There isn't much of a price difference and you get way more features. So better bang for you buck + SLI options, more USB ports, and M.2.

Asus Z170i owner here. It's awesome so far. 5GHz wifi was not working until I downloaded the drivers directly from the wifi card manufacturer. Now it is as fast as standard Ethernet (in my usage scenarios). Other than that, great board, I will recommend it at anytime!

Asrock user here, personaly ASrock never gets the credit they deserve. They offer amazing rich packed mobos for a very decent price, at first sight you might think they could be cheap but the thing is they don't over spend in ads and other stuff that a premium brand does, and such you don't pay the sticker.

Anyways had several boards and all rock solid.

Back