Votes: 10 20.4%
  • TT Big Typhoon

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • XP-90

Votes: 25 51.0%

• Total voters

demografik

[H]ard|Gawd
What do you think is the best mid-range heatsink? I'm shooting for the $40-50 range.

XP-90 because it's lightweight, compact (relatively speaking :p ), and cheap like korruption said

The Ninja is probably one of the most effective air cooling solutions on the market, depending on what fan you put on it.

if size/cost doesn't matter, ninja beats the xp-90 hands down. the ninja costs about $20 more than the xp-90, and is also a hellofa lot bigger.

the ninja and typhoon destroy the xp90. I would say performance wise, it's very close between the typhoon and ninja. Weight wise, xp90 all the way

i think the best value for a hsf is amd's stock heatpipe cooler. it performs nearly as well as the xp90, and you get it included (if you get the right retail cpu), or you can probably buy one for cheap off of someone on the forums who replaced theirs with an aftermarket cooler.

Hate to be the guy who never votes and always says it, but the Cooler Master Hyper 6+ deserves some love here. Much better than the xp-90, not as big as the typhoon, and comes with a quiet fan. Still can't figure out why this thing isn't more popular.

wadec22 said:
Hate to be the guy who never votes and always says it, but the Cooler Master Hyper 6+ deserves some love here. Much better than the xp-90, not as big as the typhoon, and comes with a quiet fan. Still can't figure out why this thing isn't more popular.
The proprietary 100mm fan sucks. Good luck finding something when it fails.

arabdon1203 said:
the ninja and typhoon destroy the xp90. I would say performance wise, it's very close between the typhoon and ninja. Weight wise, xp90 all the way

This is the best answer yet......

In a case with a side mounted intake that blows into the cpu area, the Typhoon will beat the Ninja in many cases becasue the Typhoon gets the outside ambient (cooler) air directly into it....

In a case without a side mounted intake, it all depends on how much air you have coming in from the other intakes....and what fan on the Ninja.

Don't forget that the Ninja does not come with a fan and the Typhoon does. So add ~$10 to the price of the ninja....the Typhoon costs about 50 bucks and the stock fan is VERY QUIET and very good...

N H O said:
plus the user has the option of running the ninja fanless ;)

Only if you have very very cool cooling air, or if you underclock a bit....for overclocking you would be a numbnuts to run it fanless.....

_Korruption_ said:
The proprietary 100mm fan sucks. Good luck finding something when it fails.

Hmmmm.... 1) pretty sure you can find one, especially from cooler master since the thing is actually set up for 2 100mm fans if u so choose. 2) How long do you think it will last vs. how long do you think you'll keep your s939. Moot points.

I have a Ninja and I must say that for a midrange cooler it is quite expensive. Don't get me wrong this monster cools extremely well but considering the category is "mid-range heatsink" my vote goes for the Xp-90.

for 40-50 bucks, you can get an xp120, but cause thats not there, i voted Ninja, a study done by Xbit, and it showed the Ninja out on top.

Back