Best Messenger Bag?

Rombus

2[H]4U
My current Targus backpack has served me well though 2 semesters of high school and 5 semesters of college, but space has always been an issue. Since its starting to show its age, and now I have 3 teachers that want me to bring my books to every class, I’ve decide to upgrade.

I’m looking for a good quality bag. I’m not too worried about specialized space for a laptop, since I got a willow designs slipcase for it. What I’m looking to hold my laptop, power supply, 2-3 schoolbooks, 1-2 midsized books (A novel or thin programming manual size) a pad of paper, thin binder, calc, pens, ipod maybe, etc.

So what do you guys think? I’ve heard good things about Timbuk2, but they seem a bit pricey. Then again, its not like I don’t use it! Any suggestions! Thanks!

lol at the ebags comment, i know about it, but since there are atleast a bazillion messenger bags i figured some advice from the [H]orde could narrow it down some.

After some consideration, and other comments saying messengers arnt good for holding lots of stuff, i started looking at the OGIO Metro backpack It seems to have more space than the large timbuk2 bags and gets some good reveiws, Any comments on this one?

Have you ever considered breaking it down into 2 bags?

In my bag I have a laptop sleeve with my laptop + 1-2 book. I also have a shoulder bag which carries 1-2 books.

Alternatively you could put the books in the bag and have a slim notebook carry case - this is a nice option if you want to take your laptop somewhere and don't want the hassle of a huge bag.

Back