Best Liquid Coolers for Z270 & AM4 ?

JoseJones

Gawd
I am interested in new and improved liquid coolers geared towards the new Z270 and AM4 platforms. I've never used a liquid cooler before and not sure if I really even need it or not.

My issue is that we do not have central air so, in the summer it gets 85f to 90f ambient room temps in here so, I wondered if a liquid cooler would be a solution to that. I am doubtful. I understand that a liquid cooler will likely keep the CPU etc cooler but, the noise and ambient room heat will still be an issue for me so, not sure it's worth all the money and effort to put it in, especially if it only cools a few degrees cooler.

What are your thoughts and suggestions?

Best Cooling

Liquid cooling converts its heat to the air just like air cooling does. Unless you do something exotic like piping to a radiator that is in another cooler room it will not help you with the problem of a hot room.

My brother hung a radiator out his window, I seem to recall it worked decently. Though the condensation was noticeable in the winter time (near the lake shore in Toronto).

On-topic an AIO will just (depending on how you set it up) keep the inside of your case cooler.
If the noise is an issue you could look at a large rad (360) and slow the fans down, you will be looking at fairly higher costs...

LOL, that didn't take long - thanks for the replies. I think I will hold-off on spending the extra money on a liquid cooling system since it won't really help me as the replies here advise. I was just really hopeful I guess.

yeah hold off z270/am4 aren't even out yet. but I did see a nice improvement in temps during our summers when using an aio with ~30c room temp. aios don't change how much heat you have to deal with it changes how quickly its taken away from components.

My brother hung a radiator out his window, I seem to recall it worked decently. Though the condensation was noticeable in the winter time (near the lake shore in Toronto).
nice! way OT but I used to run a dryer hose from the window to the intake fans during winter in Calgary. I used a really long one with fans at the ends for push/pull and zigzagged it to prevent condensation getting to the case. kept case temps around 10c, cpu was like 15ish.

hah! nice. Yea I'd imagine some condensation in Calgary, definitely had some cold days when I worked there. Though no wind chill like TO, I sure learned to love Chinooks :)

I did the same thing with a heatercore on a AMD 462. Sad part was it was only during the winter. Summers can get quite toasty.

oh sorry heatercore would be the correct terminology (not really a car person), they're all rads to me.

hah! nice. Yea I'd imagine some condensation in Calgary, definitely had some cold days when I worked there. Though no wind chill like TO, I sure learned to love Chinooks :)
condensation isn't too bad cause its reeaaallly dry and we do get wind-chill like a mofo! when that mountain wind isn't warm if F'N cold! chinooks are great except the occasional pressure headache I get. and yeah summer time mid 30s suck!

Trust me from experience Toronto is freezing in the winter and boiling in the summer, all that humidity from the lake = sticky heat and biting winds 'specially in the downtown core with all the tall buildings making wind tunnels. I love (Southern) Alberta weather :)

Trust me from experience Toronto is freezing in the winter and boiling in the summer, all that humidity from the lake = sticky heat and biting winds 'specially in the downtown core with all the tall buildings making wind tunnels. I love (Southern) Alberta weather :)
oh I know that too and I tell everyone here that. I'm original from Kingston and all my family(except immediate) is back there. Ontario gets cold, stays cold and when it snows it never goes away, just piles up and up! I remember literally having to dig our car out one year, 88-89ish.

Back