Best Laptop for ~900?

A2TheRizzo

Limp Gawd
Hey

I am about to purchase a laptop and I have a tight budget of about 900 dollars. I don't want a desktop replacement, as I have a pretty damn powerful desktop already.

I just want to listen to music, watch movies, surf the net easily, and maybe run WoW here or there.

I would really like a 14.1" screen, but I am open to 15.4" too.

Battery life is not too important, I will be having it plugged in 90% of the time.

I have been looking around at Thinkpads (R series) but I found this on newegg and it seemed to be the best bang for my buck.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220305

can anyone find anything better? thanks in advance.

Take a look at the HP DV2700t series. It's got the 14.1" screen you're looking for, has a slick look, and a great balance between performance and mobility. The optional 8400m GS will run WoW quite nicely.

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/s...tegory&v1=Mobility&series_name=dv2700t_series

They've got $100 off right now, but if you can wait a little they frequently have larger discounts.

looks good, but I have the option of 32 bit and 64 bit vista, I assume the 32 bit is a bit more stable?

and would you recommend this over what I had originally posted?

thanks

I'd look at the Vostro line and max out its performance... You can normally get them for fairly cheap with coupons

I'd look at the Vostro line and max out its performance... You can normally get them for fairly cheap with coupons
I second the Vostro suggestion, and check out Dell's outlet page if your on a budget. I saved a few hundred dollards and I could not find anything wrong with both the laptop's I have purchased that way. Plus the upgraded next day on site support is pretty nice if anything does go wrong. :)

I third the vostro :-D. My 1400 w/ a 8600m gs, 2gb of ram and t5470 was only $800 shipped a couple of months ago.

well I went to Microcenter yesterday because I was bored (yeah I know, Microcenter :eek:) but they are having $150 dollar rebates on most laptops and an Asus caught my eye....

Specs are
C2D T5450 @1.66GHz
14.1" Screen w/ Built in Webcam
2GB Ram
160GB HD
DVD Super Multi Drive
nVidia geforce 8600m GT
Touch pad/ Fingerprint Reader
Vista Business

all in all I really love this laptop and it can run games quite nice. I disabled aero and this thing flies.

looks exactly like this
asus_f8_notebook.jpg

laptopasusf8.jpg

all for $950

asus have some nice quality laptops. Are u thinking about getting warranty though? bored=microcenter? lol....I sometimes go to OfficeDepot just so I can laugh at some of the stuff their charging in their.

HP dv series are good as well. I am using the dv6000...and I like it..except for the screen :(

asus have some nice quality laptops. Are u thinking about getting warranty though? bored=microcenter? lol....I sometimes go to OfficeDepot just so I can laugh at some of the stuff their charging in their.
Well I'm one of those people who "don't get along well" too much with people at Microcenter, BestBuy, Circuit City, etc. They look at me since I'm 16 and think I was born yesterday, even though I've been bulding PCs since I was like 13.

The lady comes up, hardly knowing a lick of english trying to sell me some Acer garbage and a printer to go along with it. Oh well, I got my laptop and she got her commission I guess?

And I just set up my laptop beside my desktop and I'm now running synergy. Good stuff.
pict1855bg4.jpg

Back