Best Label Maker?

NotSoSimple

[H]F Junkie
Buying a portable label maker for work. Anyone use the Dymo Rhino line? Brady? Looking for the self laminating.

I don't know much about label makers, but we use a Rhino and it's been fine. Seems pretty tough, although our use case is just a typical office environment.

The Rhino labeler I had (5K series) came with serious issues- high price of replacement tape, serious limitations on characters (no # for one), labels were a PITA to split the backing, numerous times the ink ribbon would not spool into the waste space correctly, print clarity was poor.
I'm using a Brother PT-2430PC now and have had zero problems.
My next labeler will be a Brady

We use K-Sun Units. Both the 1100 series portables, and the Pearl 360 Desktop. High quality machines, lots of features, very durable (Although I wouldnt want to drop one).

I have this one for home:

http://www.brother.co.uk/g3v1/g3.cfm/s_page/215760/s_level/223400/s_product/PT2030VPZU1

Also used same model when I was a L3 server tech. They work great, and the tapes are easy to swap out if you want to do different size labels. I have a standard width tape and a tiny width tape for labeling cables and other small areas. I find myself using the small tape more often actually, so whatever you go with do ensure you have that versatility.

We just bought a Panduit LS8, mainly so that we could easily label fiber using their FiberCore labeling system. It's pricey but works great and has many types of label cartridges.

I use a Panduit LS8 labeler as well. Love it. Especially a fan of the heat shrink labels.

We use K-Sun Units. Both the 1100 series portables, and the Pearl 360 Desktop. High quality machines, lots of features, very durable (Although I wouldnt want to drop one).
:cool: Dawizman, don’t worry about dropping your K-Sun PEARLabel 360; it has a lifetime warranty!

Follow us on Twitter @KsunCorporation, message me with your contact info, and I’ll send you a little thank-you for sharing! In addition to self-laminating overwrap, check out our other supplies, priced less per inch, from magnetic, iron-on and glow-in-the dark to HST colors, silver matte, fluorescent and more.

Thanks again! :D

I'm using a Brother P-Touch 7600 - it's been working great! Only complaint I have is that it doesn't print on heat shrink like my Dymo Rhino 3000. If you're willing to shell out the money... I'd look at a Panduit or Brady unit.

Brady IDXPERT

The media is expensive has hell, but I have never encountered a nicer label maker.

Really like the K-Sun PEARLabel 360 and think it would be a perfect unit for some of our upcoming labeling jobs during a new computer room build out.

What kind of tape do you recommend for doing cable labels. I'm a fan of wrap around labels and currently use a Rhino Industrial 6000 with 1" Flexible Nylon tape.

Does it offer templates for doing things like patch panel port labeling?

My Dymo is a champ, just keeps printing, label stock readily available, battery life is really impressive IMO

Hi, RiDDLeRThC,
The K-Sun PEARLabel 360 uses 224SL self-lamination overwrap, and there are a few templates in the MaxiLabel software, which is also very easy to make custom label designs. Check out our Pinterest page to see photos of templates and a how-to on using self-laminating wire wrap.

Rhino so far has worked good. My only complaint is the self-laminating labels are not long enough. I was using them for power cables and the laminate does not reach all the way around. Hopefully it lasts.

I have a Rhino 5200 labeler and it seems to work fine, I'd rather have gotten a Rhino 6000 but overall it gets the job done.

Back