Best iPad knockoff for movies

rehab

Gawd
Good Morning All -

Im hitting the road with the family soon and it will be a rather long car ride. I was looking for an iPad knockoff (some sort of tablet) so my kids could watch movies in the backseat. It need not do anything more than play movies, so if it had SD storage and a good decoder that would be choice.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Lenovo Tab 4 or 10, super cheap and will work great for your purposes, expandable memory too

Does this tablet let you upgrade to Android 8.0 oreo?
Seems to be mixed signals on that. Check over at XDA for the latest news.

If the tablet is just for movies, you really have no need for the latest Android update.

Kindle Fire is actually really good for movies. Cheap enough that it's almost disposable.

It isn't good for much else, but it is nice for watching movies.

Seems to be mixed signals on that. Check over at XDA for the latest news.

If the tablet is just for movies, you really have no need for the latest Android update.

Will do,

Just wanna be able to have the latest google play store access to download the latest stable versions of Kodi through the App Store without jumping through hoops.

Samsung only sends or or at most 2 os upgrades, so unless it was released with Android 7, I wont count us 8. If a model was released with Andriod 6 then I would be very skeptical..

Samsung only sends or or at most 2 os upgrades, so unless it was released with Android 7, I wont count us 8. If a model was released with Andriod 6 then I would be very skeptical..

So nobody has a concrete answer

You can get an Amazon Fire Tablet and install google play store on it. That's what I did. I think the 10 inch version was $100 on Prime Day.

An Amazon Fire Tablet is probably the cheapest way you can go and actually have a decent tablet. We do that with my kid and I use the protective rubber case so that he can play with it.

I am no expert here but have been hearing great things about Samsung Tab S3, now with the Tab S4 announced I would imagine you can get a great deal on a Tab S3.

The Fire Kindle is like $50 or something? I think on Prime day they got into the $30's. Has an SD slot. I bought it for airplane rides for my kids. Basically a piece of junk except for movie watching, and it's so cheap I don't really care if my kids wreck it.

I had used a google nexus 10 for my 3 year old for quite some time, it was running kali, so whatever packages I needed. Recently got her a kindle kids edition and that worked really good for a recent 2.5-week camper adventure.

Back