Best Imaging Software 2018

dreamwriter

Limp Gawd
What is the best imaging/backup software in 2018? Best, in my view, would be the most reliable, failure free and most accurate application. Free would be great, but I'm more concerned with finding the most trouble-free software. I've heard good things about Aomei.

I have always like the ShadowProtect recovery environment, I used it for cloning all the time when I had a tech license.

It was by far the most intuitive and failure free.

I have always like the ShadowProtect recovery environment, I used it for cloning all the time when I had a tech license.

It was by far the most intuitive and failure free.

I've heard of them, and I do want a cloning option as well. Failure-free is where it's at,How mmany other imaging programs have you used?

Thanks for the considered opinion.

I used to use Acronis True Image for the longest time, never had any issues with it except for how it's become this bloated monstrosity of code doing all sorts of shit that imaging software should not be doing. So recently I started using Macrium Reflect Free (the free version) and I haven't had a single issue since. It's very tiny, the installer is like 63MB total (compared to Acronis coming in at like 895MB) and it uses pretty much hardly any resources when it's in operation. I can do the traditional live imaging which I've avoided for a long time but only recently decided to make use of it - previously I'd shut down then do the boot from CD/DVD/USB stick and image but I figured why not give live imaging a shot and it's never had problems since I started doing it.

While I never had operational issues with True Image, just the bloating of the code that really pissed me off, I won't dimiss them as being a useful tool and depending on which drive you own (the brand) there's probably a free version (with some limitations on it) of True Image from the manufacturer of the drive: Western Digital, Seagate, and Crucial all supply that limited version of True Image for their drives.

But so far, Macrium Reflect Free has been great for me so I'll continue using it till it potentially gives me a reason to not use it.

I used to use Acronis True Image for the longest time, never had any issues with it except for how it's become this bloated monstrosity of code doing all sorts of shit that imaging software should not be doing. So recently I started using Macrium Reflect Free (the free version) and I haven't had a single issue since. It's very tiny, the installer is like 63MB total (compared to Acronis coming in at like 895MB) and it uses pretty much hardly any resources when it's in operation. I can do the traditional live imaging which I've avoided for a long time but only recently decided to make use of it - previously I'd shut down then do the boot from CD/DVD/USB stick and image but I figured why not give live imaging a shot and it's never had problems since I started doing it.

While I never had operational issues with True Image, just the bloating of the code that really pissed me off, I won't dimiss them as being a useful tool and depending on which drive you own (the brand) there's probably a free version (with some limitations on it) of True Image from the manufacturer of the drive: Western Digital, Seagate, and Crucial all supply that limited version of True Image for their drives.

But so far, Macrium Reflect Free has been great for me so I'll continue using it till it potentially gives me a reason to not use it.

I, of course, have heard of all of these orograms, and noticed on Amazon how people gotincreasingly irritated with Acronis due to increasing complexity, and what you're describing as. At any rate, I will take a look both at Shadow Protect and Macrium, , both of which I have heard described in a good light previously.

Back