Best imac for watching anime, movies and mild gaming

emir7

Limp Gawd
I want it to be 27 " and have the best possible screen for anime/movies and mild gaming.
Budget: 1.5 - 2k dollars.
I watch anime/movies in 1080p btw (I download them and watch them).
Also, What's better for me in terms of resolution for this use, 2k, 4k or 5k?
Please help me out again!!!

4 identical threads, seriously? You didn't listen to anyone in your previous "best monitor" thread anyways.

it's not identical. I want an Imac as well. What I wanted before was a monitor for a pc (I want both). And I'm VERY happy with the recommendations I got from those guys like Nikyo, so I decided to buy the LG =P

I just posted it in 2 subforums (display and home theater). The other ones were for a display for pc or for the pc.

Last edited:
Ohh you're right!!!
Sorry, when editing (changing the word laptop for imac in the title I must have added a new thread by mistake :( )
Mmm It doesn't let me remove it either.
How do I delete it?
It says: The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 3 characters, so I can't delete it.
Btw, I CLEARLY didn't need to make the same thread in the same subforum at the same time, it's a mistake.
Please guys answer to my questions in this thread, not the others!!!

Last edited:
Just get the latest 1440p 27" model, they all have the recent lg ah-ips panels. They look awesome and actually pretty accurate out of the box compared to the thunderbolt display from what I've seen. They also use plasma deposition coating that helps eliminate reflections while still retaining great light transmitting properties.

Don't you have an istore somewhere nearby? Just go and try it out.

One question, 2k vs 4k definition, which one would suit me most?

Back