Best illuminated keyboard?

I have a Saitek Eclipse-I with the blue backlighting, and it's the best keyboard I've used. Excellent feedback and travel of the keys; and the thing's built solid so it doesn't slip off the desk when gaming.

Anyone have any ideas about the Logitech Illuminated Keyboard?

Saitek II is good for short term use but the keys wear off very quickly. What about the Logitech G11?

I got my a Razer Lycosa Mirror Special Edition - http://www.razerzone.com/p-131-razer-lycosa-mirror-gaming-keyboard.aspx
It is amazing. Lovely to look at, great to type with and VERY responsive for gaming.
I've had it for about a week now and I can't fault it.
It is bit pricey though - £70 which about $110 or so.

i was looking into that keyboard as well, but is the grip on it well, because from the pics i saw it looked like smooth plastic, and over the regular lycosa's rubber keys, i thought the grip and comfort would be less.

This, it feels great.
If you want a good price on it, I'm selling mine for $50 shipped, its red LEDs clash with every other part to my system ;)
Yeah, I like my vanity parts. I'm going to buy a Lycosa because it matches better.

In any case, if you want an almost new x6, LMK. I'll give you a review of it, and if you like red LEDs (seems so by the eclipse you posted) I've got what you want.

The best but it will cost you:

http://www.deckkeyboards.com/

I'm rocking the Deck 82 and it's right up there with one of the best boards I have used. The keys are comfortable to type on and the lighting is unmatched. There are LEDs under each key which does make the keys far brighter than any illuminated keyboard that I have seen.

I love the smaller form factor as well, it puts my hand closer to my mouse, totally awesome for gaming and worth the money in my opinion.

Mr. Wolf, where did you get yours from? I'd like to find the cheapest price possible but the lowest I could find was $65 (with tax) from BB.

I recently bought the Logitech Illuminated from Best Buy since it is on sale this week and the cheapest price I've seen anywhere. I don't regret it one bit! :cool: It's such a smooth experience typing on it compared to the G15 that it replaced. Personally, I think it is worth the $65, especially considering that I paid $75 for my G15. :D

i was looking into that keyboard as well, but is the grip on it well, because from the pics i saw it looked like smooth plastic, and over the regular lycosa's rubber keys, i thought the grip and comfort would be less.

I tried both the standard Lycosa (with the rubber coated keys) and the Lycosa mirror and personally preferred the mirrored version. But other than the coating, the two keyboards are exactly the same so it is down to personal preference.
The mirrored version does suck up dust and show fingerprints so expect to have to clean it regularly, but Razer does supply you will a pretty good cleaning cloth.

Mr. Wolf, where did you get yours from? I'd like to find the cheapest price possible but the lowest I could find was $65 (with tax) from BB.
Logitech runs sales from time to time for purchases directly from their website. I scored my 2 keyboards for $63 each with free shipping; the price right now is $79. Amazon is currently selling them for $66 with free shipping. That's about the best price you'll find at the moment.

Did this forum get scrubbed? There were a lot more posts than this last night and now I can't find them. there was some information I wanted to go over in later posts.I was also subscribed and now I'm not.

I got my G15 today. It's what it's suppose to be, but I don't think it's for me. The keys are the tall keys, not the half keys the MS boards are famous for. that's not that big a deal, but there are some other things too. The volume controls are small and take a lot of force to push in. That may loosen up some, but it just feels like you're pushing a dead key.

Also, as noted in my other posts, which are now gone or I can't find, it's a traditional keyboard and I'm use to the split keyboards. I knew this going in, but I don;t know if I can go back. the straight keyboards are just harder to type on. the split boards put the keys closer to your fingers, for one.

What else? I haven't had much time to play with it, but another thing that doesn't go well with me is that the back lighting isn't even across the keys. the bottom right is blaring while the left upper keys are dim.

I'm thinking maybe I really messed up getting this board. I would probably be much happier with an illuminated split keyboard that doesn't have the macro keys even. And I'm thinking MS probably is the best keyboard for feel, layout and general usability. they do have some nicely put together boards. the reason I say that is that I'm currently using the 10.00 US curved keyboard. Simple, no frills except volume, mute, play, calculator, few more normal things, but one of the best boards I've used.

Anyone have any suggestion for a MS illuminated split or cured type KB for me? I'm going to do some research, but those suggestions for people that own a specific MS split/curved illuminated board would be much appreciated.

I'm going to suggest the Deck backlit keyboard also. A lot of people wouldn't dish out the money Deck charges for this keyboard. I'll say this though. I have this keyboard and to me it was worth every penny. I spend a lot of time in front of a computer using the keyboard and wanted that experience to be the best it could be for me. As far as illumination, this keyboard is as good as it gets. LED under every key with 7 different brightness settings. No software needed. This is a standard size keyboard with no extra frills keys. The extra keys of other keyboards (like the G110) just got in my way and I always had re-orient my hands to the keys every time I used one (because of all the extra keys of the left and the very dull illumination). Comes in different LED colors (keyboard itself is black) and in either USB or PS/2. You get what you pay for with this keyboard.

http://www.deckkeyboards.com/

What's a thread necro? If you mean why post in an old thread. Why not? I saw a thread link to a review of the same keyboard I use and decided to post my experiences with it.

Back