best IDE/notepad type app?

Imaulle

[H]ard|Gawd
hihi

I'm looking for a new 'notepad' type program for Win 7 x64. I mostly just do js,html,php now but I want something that has some built in obfuscation/minimize and also some 'pretty' formatting as well and can easily go back and forth between the two?

For example is there anything that has like the 'Closure Compiler' built in for when I'm working with js, php, html in one file?

thanks!

ohhhhh and something that has some nice color schemes as well! :D I currently use programmer's notepad and I'm kinda bored of it, lol

For Web stuff, I still use vim, but I have also tried SublimeText on Windows and like it. Works similar to TextMate for Mac. Don't know if vim has a Closure Compiler plugin, but it does have a JSLint plugin.

Notepad++ is my favorite as well. I use it for php, C++, standard text files with just written info etc... it's nice to have one app for all. You can also get extensions such as a spell checker.

I sometimes use vim if I want to edit something quickly on a server I'm already SSHed to, it's faster than downloading and uploading the file. Vim is awesome for the fact that it's console based.

+1 to Notepad++

You can also customize colors for each language to whatever you like.

Back