Votes: 5 26.3%
  • IOGEAR GKM561R Multimedia Keyboard

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other (Please Explain)

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

zikzak

n00b
There's already a number of threads on this topic, but I can't seem to decipher any consensus on what to buy. I think these are the contenders:

1. Loftek Rii Touch N7 $38
  2. IOGEAR GKM571R Mini Keyboard $45
  3. Lenovo N5902 Enhanced Multimedia Remote $65
  4. CE Compass Mini Wireless Keyboard $32
  5. Logitech diNovo $125
  6. IOGEAR GKM561R Multimedia Keyboard $40

Things that seem important:
  • backlit keys
  • small
  • not line-of-sight

I've read good and bad things about all of the above.
1-4 seem like the most viable options.
5 seems too expensive unless its really THAT much better than everything.
6 seems too large, and does not have backlit keys, I believe. (if thats wrong or people don't think thats an important feature, please explain)

I'm currently leaning towards one of the first 3. I really wish there was a definitive champion.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
#3 is horrible...but you can find it on sale a lot. I have one you can buy used (only used a few times as my hands didn't like the feel of it).

#6 is large and doesn't have backlit keys, but it works well for control of a cursor and mousing around.

I bought:
Logitech MX Air
Logitech K800
Microsoft Remote

I use Microsoft remote 99% of time. Not sure that investment was worth it into expensive keyboard and mouse.

I like my dinovo whenever I use it. But no, it isn't worth the money.

My biggest issue it the battery life sucks, and it uses a proprietary battery. For a device this size, I think that unnecessary.

I don't know, I currently have the diNovo mini and it's a cheap pos. The D key hasn't worked right since day 1, then the L key started needing extra pressure to work. Meanwhile the mouse pointer would periodically jump around from the time to time when using it. Then the spring in the door (or key cover) started getting weak and would flop closed easily. Backlighting has been meh at best, sometimes only the main outer perimeter keys light up until you blindly press a key that is not lit up. And most recently the left mouse button on the left side of the controller stops working intermittently and 3 times now in the last couple days I have had to unplug and reinsert the blutooth receiver for the remote to connect. But yeah... Besides all that bullshit it is a great idea for a device. Now I need to find something that works, it's sad though because the size and options are perfect, just wish they all worked all the time.

I got the newer Lenovo when it went on sale. I like it. Not the easiest thing to use, but the backlit keys are definately a bonus, in addition to a somewhat logical and responsive "mouse" control.

I've had #3 Lenovo N5902 Enhanced Multimedia Remote the for 3 months now. It kicks the others ass....Why? Because at it's size it just WORKS...every time I need it too. ;)

OH...I think the newer NON-ball mouse controller is leaps and bounds ahead of something you have to clean to keep working properly.

I just got the Lenovo N5902 in the mail the other day. After using it a few times, it seems to do everything I need it to. Plus this version has a scroll section below the trackpad. I really thought the trackpad would be odd, but it works great if you learn to use it. This is what sold me on it over other keyboard/remotes.

Other: Motorola Nyxboard Hybrid

Or wait for the upcoming harmony logitech remotes.

I have the Dinovo Mini and even though i agree it is not worth the 125 it has served me well for over 2 years. From time to time i loose conection but taking out the battery fixes the problem. The battery last over a month and i use it a lot.

I have the Lenovo track ball/non backlit keys one. It is great for a mouse, but sucks if you need to type any text because the keys a so damn small.

I also have the iogear 561R. I like it much better for the layout and the keyboard for the few time I do have to type. It would be perfect if the keys were backlit, but it is not that big of a deal.

The batteries last months in both.

I'm sort of liking the looks of the Logitech K400. Seems to rate well on Amazon. Seems just a little bigger than the diNovo. Built in touch pad will probably more suited to Blocky Metro interface.

Back