Best headset for Iphone 5?

spincut

[H]ard|Gawd
I have gone through three bluetooth headsets now, all have been terrible. My local ATT store has given up (both on me and the concept of finding me a decent headset that works). I have gone through a motorola one (not that it was a top end model to be fair), as blueant (I had their top of the line, and it was an awful piece of junk, hence me not terribly trusting an internet consensus opinion), and one I can't even remember.

What I haven't tried yet is a Jawbone, which itself seems rather polarizing surprisingly? I can't get a bead on their top of the line Era product (as some swear by it and some say it works terribly like my other ones).

Any helpful suggestions in this regard? Specifically toward Jawbone models?

I like my jawbone era well enough just be careful playing bass heavy music on it. My brother has a Bose head set and he claims it's the best one he ever has used. It's been going strong for over a year. They are spendy though. GL! oh and this is post 512, GAWD STATUS!

I dont intend to play music on it, I am using this mainly to talk to other people on the phone so I dont have it near my head all the time.

I....wish you had a little more info and context to your post, especially in regards to my concerns that it may in fact be WORSE than their previous model, the Icon HD (at least I seem to hear more consitstently good things about the HD).

...In other news, I really hope contributing valuable information about the Jawbone products I was asking about was more pertinent than making that 512th post for you...

I use a Plantronics Voyager Legend with my 5S. Works great with voice commands and the audio clarity is excellent. I never play music through it, though it's capable of doing it. Only downside to the Legend is its size. It's a little bulkier than most other BT headsets. I'm not a Jawbone fan. I find their headsets to be uncomfortable, hard to keep in my ear and just never equal to the hype.

For sure, I mean I like my era, it performs well and the only complaint I have is the speaker blew out although I was listening to Metallica on it. Besides that it worked very well, I like how you can just tap the side to answer calls. If I were to do it again though the Bose unit just seems better built and the speaker is more powerful and it's max volume is louder. If price is not much of concern I would get the Bose, if not the Era would do fine for just calling although like the above poster mentioned they are more hype than reality. I also found it to be slightly uncomfortable for extended usage. They do provide several different ear pieces though so maybe I will try a few of the others and see if that helps. Not sure about the HD as I don't own one.

I really like my Era. I like it enough that I bought a second one when I lost the first.

I really like my Era. I like it enough that I bought a second one when I lost the first.

I have no doubt that some are satisfied with the Era, but what concerns me is that an inordinate amount of AWFUL things to say about it (and express the urge to switch back to the older but apparently still solid Icon HD). Given the experiences I had with the Blueant Q2 (which kind of reminds me of the era, at least in shape/design), I'm super cautious, at least in regards to it simply being a better and improved model over something like the Icon HD.

Overall though, am I wrong in observing that the bluetooth headset market largely is crap and that particularly with the newer Iphones that not a whole lot works well with it overall?

*and yes I heard that Platronics legend was hands down pretty great, but isn't it wired and/or ugly and clunky as all get out?

I have no doubt that some are satisfied with the Era, but what concerns me is that an inordinate amount of AWFUL things to say about it (and express the urge to switch back to the older but apparently still solid Icon HD). Given the experiences I had with the Blueant Q2 (which kind of reminds me of the era, at least in shape/design), I'm super cautious, at least in regards to it simply being a better and improved model over something like the Icon HD.

Overall though, am I wrong in observing that the bluetooth headset market largely is crap and that particularly with the newer Iphones that not a whole lot works well with it overall?

*and yes I heard that Platronics legend was hands down pretty great, but isn't it wired and/or ugly and clunky as all get out?

I personally haven't tried many different models. It is very possible I am missing out by not trying others. The Era is the only Jawbone I have tried, so I can't compare it to the Icon. I have tried a couple Motorola and Platronics models (I forget which) and quit looking once I found the Era.

Get the Era at Best Buy, they have a 14 day, no questions asked, return policy (and right now it's actually January 15th cause of Christmas)

Instead of asking, go get one and try it out.

Original earphones for iphone is the best, I don't listen to music so there is no this requirement
I think often use headset will cause an effect to the ear

Back