Best HDTV under 1000$

Toad21

Limp Gawd
I have done some research, and I am trying to decide which HDTV to buy. It will be used half the time for Gaming, and half the time for watching Insight Digital Cable. Size is not really an issue. Any suggestions?

The following 2 are among the top on my list so far:

Westinghouse LTV-37W3 37 LCD HDTV

Sony KD-34XS955 34" FD Trinitron WEGA HDTV

Please displays gods, share your knowledge with me and everyone else.

Thank you for your time,

-Todd

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
So the westinghouse is by far the best HDTV for computing and watching TV under 1000$ then correct?

also according to my call to Crutchfield yesterday about the $999 deal it was going to be going up last night at midnight. Not sure if the guy was wrong or the site is wrong but I would make sure by talking to someone first before ordering it.

onetwenty8k said:
Go with the Westinghouse. It's the top of the line.
I wouldn't say 'top of the line' ... lol. Its good, but not at the top. For the money and what it gives you, its spectacular. I vote for the W3.. I have one as well and I'd recommend it to anyone.

Go with the westy, mine is on a truck somewhere from crutchfield, cant wait till it gets here and play some medieval total war 2 on 37 inches of goodness.

crutchfield raised the price up 200$ today. I should have ordered last night.

Just purchased from jr.com

$1,190.18

Shipped with 5 year extended full warranty

Wohoo my first big screen TV for my New house that is almost done. Wohooo, now time to decide wheither it goes in my room or in the living room.....

I've read on these very forums that the Westinghouse LVM37W3 is bad for SDTV. Is that true and if so, wouldn't his money have been better spent on a different TV?

It is O.K. I will just order HDTV through Insight. Then even basic channels will be sent through HDTV reciever, maybe up-converting the signal to 720p.

Just a complete guess, but I will figure it out, and or live with it no big deal.

Back