Best hacked WRT54G firmware...

What version do you have? If it is beyond V3 you are probably out of luck for a little while.

I have the latest official firmware and I got a Version 3 hardware

If he has a version <= 4.0, the WRT54G-L, or a speedbooster WRT54-GS, he should be in the clear.

As to the question - I use DD-WRT

As far as I know only the version 5 is the problem unit. It runs completely different software.

I guess an appropriate question is, what are you looking to do with the custom firmware?

I find the stock Linksys firmware to be more than sufficient for basic tasks. I have three WRT54G routers, one running the stock Linksys firmware, and the others are running HyperWRT 2.1b1. The two HyperWRT routers connect to the first using WDS+WPA so I have wireless connectivity between all routers. Saved me from having to run wires all around my house.

I want it to be able to forward ports to any address I want too.. because I think that is why it is confliciting with me not being able to open certain ports...

bought a linksys wrt54g v4 (its serial number begins with CDFA, if i am wrong please tell me) and i was wondering if they are recommendations for firmware for version 4 routers

All the hacked firmware will work with v. 4 routers.

The v. 5 WRT54G (CDFB last 4 serial number digits) don't run on Linux. Instead, they run on proprietary VxWorks OS, and the routers also have less flash RAM and RAM than the earlier WRT54Gs.

I love my dd-wrt a great place to read up on dd-wrt is linksysinfo.org awsome forums for the WRT54G router.

KM

Back