best glasses for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smith94672

Limp Gawd
I'm wondering if anyone here has suggestions for a comfortable eyewear.

Quite often, when playing games or doing anything on the computer, I get easily distracted by my glasses. It's annoying having to lift up your glasses because it keeps sliding down every 1-2 min. And it gets tiring having to take off the glasses because of irritation from the nose rests. I've countlessly had to quit and reload a saved game

I have poor hygiene so contact lenses are not an option for me and refractive surgery isn't mature enough. I could get facial reconstructive surgery, which I need for appearance anyway, to re-contour my face for better gripping of glasses but I don't have the guts to go under the knife and my parents wouldn't allow it regardless.

Anyone knows of the best frames/lenses combo for a computer gamer? The eyewear must also stay on the user's face, and never come down. I don't know if there's such a thing but I'd also prefer eye frames without nose rests. Comfort and stability comes first. I don't care about the costs and appearance. Thanks.

I have poor hygiene so contact lenses are not an option for me and refractive surgery isn't mature enough. I could get facial reconstructive surgery, which I need for appearance anyway, to re-contour my face for better gripping of glasses but I don't have the guts to go under the knife and my parents wouldn't allow it regardless.

Holy shit man, get some hygiene.

I'm using Marchon rimless frames (which are feather light and extremely comfortable and stable) paired with very thin polycarbonate lenses with the Crizal glare and scratch coating (I would never own glasses without this or a similar coating, makes all the difference) which makes them look almost as good as contacts. Pricey combo but couldn't be happier.

How would hygiene prevent contact use? Just keep your hands clean while putting them in and taking them out, and try to keep the case in a clean area. Shouldn't be a terribly large modification of habits. My only gripe about contacts is how uncomfortable they can be after 8-10+ hours of use.

edit: by the way, if you've got a good eye care place they should be able to fit glasses snugly to about any sort of wacky bobble/pin head they've ever encountered. You might just try going back and getting yours adjusted.

Croakies, I use them for riding but you could use them to keep your glasses in place while gaming. I don't use them for gaming because I take the time to properly fit my glasses to my melon. So, they don't move when I am performing normal functions.

http://croakies.com/. Croakies or similar items are available just about anywhere glasses or sunglasses are sold.

edit: Laser surgery. In the few years it has been considered reliable, I have spent more on glasses, prescription sun glasses, and contacts than the procedure costs today.

edit: by the way, if you've got a good eye care place they should be able to fit glasses snugly to about any sort of wacky bobble/pin head they've ever encountered. You might just try going back and getting yours adjusted.

I was gonna post that ... sounds like you just need your glasses adjusted. I don't have special glasses and they don't come down.

Not to flame or anything, but I think you got more important issues than your glasses coming down while gaming ...

Not to be mean...but the only time I experience my glasses sliding down my face is when I haven't washed my face and it's greasy. Otherwise there would be no reason for glasses to just slide down.

But I wear contacts now because they're infinitely better.

And laser surgery is now fine. Both of my parents and three of my older sisters have all had it. They've experienced no problems and it works great.

I'm hoping this was a joke post. Facial reconstructive surgery so your glasses don't slide down? lol

wtf? i've never had my glasses slide down my face ever unless i had to hunch over almost upside down. maybe your glasses are too big for your skull or something? do they fit good behind your ears or are they lose?

the only problem i've ever had with mine are sometimes when i wear a headset the glasses get in the way by my ear and i have to adjust them.

but yeah i hope this thread is a joke?

I've been doing a little shopping and the best I've come up with looks like:

http://www.focusers.com/cablestyles.html

Does anyone know of retentive eyewear better than that shown above?

urgh... Harry potter goes rimless.

Have a wash and go to your opticians. (and if your frames face fudged up clean it before you go in for god sake, nothing more disgusting than handling peoples frames gunked in there filth)

Get them to check the fit on your glasses.

Try diffrent types of nose pads hard/soft/silicon ones. failing that go for a comfort bridge.

With proper fitting and the occassional encounter with soap and water theres no reason your glasses should fall down unless your looking at your feet or have no nose.

With proper fitting and the occassional encounter with soap and water theres no reason your glasses should fall down unless your looking at your feet or have no nose.
Uh, WTF? True gamers don't have time for frivolities like soap and water. ;)

ummm frames by Giorgio Armani. Work great for BF2.

Or dirt bike goggles with a Shoei helmet.

get a eye doctor that isnt TERABAD and your glass'ess will be fit to you when you pick them up...

greasy face doesnt make glassess slide down if their fitted good.

lazer pew pew pew is getting better all the time.. if your a canidate go for it...

true gamers dont have time to put on their glassess unless you are super blind... i just need to see big black blobs to fire at :)

also 2/10 on joke factor of thread

someone posted something a while ago about actual gaming glasses, they were pretty expensive though (and m

I'm using Marchon rimless frames (which are feather light and extremely comfortable and stable) paired with very thin polycarbonate lenses with the Crizal glare and scratch coating (I would never own glasses without this or a similar coating, makes all the difference) which makes them look almost as good as contacts. Pricey combo but couldn't be happier.

I would never own Polycarb lenses, i'm CR39 all the way, more clear (sure not as strong, but if you get hit in the face its the frame that breaks and hurts you, not the lense) and CR39 is just as thin depending on perscription and can be ordered in a lightweigh form.

Other than that, Go to a store and try on frames, when you get the one that feels right to you, then thats it. A lot of frames are so lightweight now that you forget they are there.

Or get sports goggles with a strap, lol

quick and easy fix, just get some earmuff type headphones that are moderately tight.
I have some sen. 280pro's here and have no problems with falling glasses. ;)

Contacts aren't as bad as you might think. They can be difficult as first but once you understand how to put them in and take them out they aren't bad. However if you have daily wear lenses you MUST take them out every day otherwise you will be sorry. Also don't shower with them in. Which brings up another point, if your hygiene is poor, then change it. Now one wants to be around you if you stink and eventually you'll need to shower to get a job and what not.

Otherwise I would recommend some frames with larger lenses or frames that don't interfere with your vision, no-glare coatings are a must as well.

Kid, I suggest you start cleaning yourself and care about your appearance just a little before worrying about playing games. Jesus I have glasses and have NEVER experienced that sort of problem... unless I'm ultra greasy.

If you shower they will come... ( girls )

BUT to answer your question I wear a pair of Oakley's sunglasses that have prescription lenses in them. I got them for the classic nerd look and the fact that I smashed my face at the skate park when I was 18 with them on and they came out without a scratch and now I'm turning 22 soon and they are still on my head... they've lasted me QUITE a while. Oakley's for me seem to stay tight on the head to prevent any sort of slipping I believe.

But really man... having poor hygiene is not a cool thing. And your surgery comment has to be a joke right?

And laser surgery is now fine. Both of my parents and three of my older sisters have all had it. They've experienced no problems and it works great.

Yea but the downsides... You can never re-do it? I know there is a person I know that had it done, their eyes got worse several years later- and now they have to wear glasses.

Yea but the downsides... You can never re-do it? I know there is a person I know that had it done, their eyes got worse several years later- and now they have to wear glasses.

Well I don't know why you'd want to re-do it...but I know that you're supposed to wait until a certain age to show that your eye sight has stopped changing (usually 25). Besides that, eyes will still deteriorate over time, there's no stopping that.

I still consider it a good alternative, and plan on getting when older.

Either way, I'm still not sure if this thread is a joke or what.

Well I don't know why you'd want to re-do it...but I know that you're supposed to wait until a certain age to show that your eye sight has stopped changing (usually 25). Besides that, eyes will still deteriorate over time, there's no stopping that.

I still consider it a good alternative, and plan on getting when older.

Either way, I'm still not sure if this thread is a joke or what.

That, and its best if your perscription has NOT changed in the past two years with regular exams

This person was at least 30 when he got it done...

Can't see well at night now and needs reading glasses.

Just sounds risky to me (I "wear" glasses, but get tired of screwing with them so I don't wear them anyway. Either contacts or laser... I think Contacts is the safer solution...)

This person was at least 30 when he got it done...

Can't see well at night now and needs reading glasses.

Just sounds risky to me (I "wear" glasses, but get tired of screwing with them so I don't wear them anyway. Either contacts or laser... I think Contacts is the safer solution...)

I'm past the age of 30. My job also requires visual acuity and my eyewear prescription is at -3 diopters. My myopia isn't severe enough to warrant a lasik treatment and I can't afford to take a chance in permanent eye damage because of my job and I don't even have disability insurance.

I'm also all against contacts. It's no joke; I have difficulty with even simple cleanliness and my eyes get irritated very readily. A few years back, someone once helped me put contacts on and it hurted me a lot.

Oh well, I guess I should look around for eyewear with cable temples. If anyone has better suggestions, feedback would be appreciated.

I'm past the age of 30. My job also requires visual acuity and my eyewear prescription is at -3 diopters. My myopia isn't severe enough to warrant a lasik treatment and I can't afford to take a chance in permanent eye damage because of my job and I don't even have disability insurance.

I'm also all against contacts. It's no joke; I have difficulty with even simple cleanliness and my eyes get irritated very readily. A few years back, someone once helped me put contacts on and it hurted me a lot.

Oh well, I guess I should look around for eyewear with cable temples. If anyone has better suggestions, feedback would be appreciated.

I remember your first post says your parents won't allow for facial reconstruction... but you're past 30... you're free to do what you wish right?

Do you live with your parents? And poor hygiene past 30? I don't mean to pry into your personal life but I think if you were able to keep BASIC hygienic practices contact lenses will be your best bet...

Sorry for calling you kid... I thought you were younger...

Remember... when the flying melon hits the wall, it's Christmas for the crows. ;)

You're 30 and live with your parents?:confused:

I didnt feel like reading through the entire thread buy how can you have poor hygiene? Can you not clean yourself or do you live in shit all day. Also your 30, your parents cant tell you what to do. This is like the picture perfect weird ass gamer nerd that lives in his parents basement.

contacts are bad for gaming or computing, you dont blink really when your gaming and then your contacts dry out and thats an annoying feeling

just go get your frames and stuff adjusted, even me with my flat nose can get glasses to stay on

This thread has to be a joke. Quit replying to this guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back