Best Gaming RAM to Accompany a 3090 and the Best Gaming CPU?

kill8r

Limp Gawd
Hi All,
Can you guys advise whats the best gaming RAM available now or coming soon?

Need 32GB or would a faster 16GB kit be preferable?
Is the MB 2 slot or a 4 slot with T-Topology?
Overclocking or just running XMP?

This would have to be one of the fastest options
F4-4800C18D-16GTRS
in
ROG MAXIMUS XII APEX

Hi All,
Can you guys advise whats the best gaming RAM available now or coming soon?
Start with the CPU, a handful of motherboard candidates, and hope that you find something in stock that someone else got to work, if you're trying for 'best' or 'fastest'. Starting with the RAM will get you a stack of confusion!

<the GPU pretty much doesn't matter here, that's more of a power supply and enclosure question>

Gaming ram is really not a thing. Ram is ram. You should shit for 3600mhz with lower CAS. Anything higher you really start hitting a wall diminishing returns. Save the money and put it towards something that would benefit you more.

Need 32GB or would a faster 16GB kit be preferable?
Is the MB 2 slot or a 4 slot with T-Topology?
Overclocking or just running XMP?

This would have to be one of the fastest options
F4-4800C18D-16GTRS
in
ROG MAXIMUS XII APEX
Thank you. That motherboard also looks amazing but I don't think it won't fit in my small case.

Start with the CPU, a handful of motherboard candidates, and hope that you find something in stock that someone else got to work, if you're trying for 'best' or 'fastest'. Starting with the RAM will get you a stack of confusion!

<the GPU pretty much doesn't matter here, that's more of a power supply and enclosure question>
Ok, for the CPU going for 10900k unless AMD have a superior option.

Gaming ram is really not a thing. Ram is ram. You should shit for 3600mhz with lower CAS. Anything higher you really start hitting a wall diminishing returns. Save the money and put it towards something that would benefit you more.
Thanks

Last edited:
Thank you. That motherboard also looks amazing but I don't think it won't fit in my small case.

Thanks

For gaming, AMD does not have a superior option right now.

The Patriot 4400 C19 set is really good price/performance for Intel right now. You can get some gskill 4133 C19 for a little less, there's not an enormous difference but in benchmarks 4400 is faster.

Thanks

Get a bigger case!

Wait a couple weeks to see what AMD releases, otherwise the 10900 is a wise choice.

The Patriot 4400 C19 set is really good price/performance for Intel right now. You can get some gskill 4133 C19 for a little less, there's not an enormous difference but in benchmarks 4400 is faster.

Fyi, they're the same b-dies. In fact I got a set to test and they are literally the same as my G.SKill 3600c16 b-dies. Both clock the exact same so I'm not sure that the Patriots are any better binned. Ofc the Patriots were a lot cheaper than when I got the G.Skills so that's a plus. Memory has sure come down making the Patriots a pretty darn good deal.

Patriots are A2 PCB so should hit a higher frequency in a good MB than 3600.

Back