Best Gaming / Office chair?

IIvII

Weaksauce
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I picked up the Harrington, first on your list, about 4 months ago and have been pleased with it. Haven't tried out any of the others on your list.

Embody

However, since you clarified "best" by apparently limiting your budget to $200 the Ikea or Alera are the ones I would go with.

However, personal preference will trump our recommendations. Go find them if you can and sit in them. Your body size, weight, and karma will determine the better chair for you.

Unfortunately there isn't a lot of places where I'm at (Pittsburgh) where I could try out fancy chairs like the embody. I couldn't pay for something that steep without serious consideration and testing. If it were 50% off somewhere I might bite, as I've heard a few other's mention it as well.

I'm quite surprised there isn't any gel memory foam computer chairs out on the market. I tried looking into them but all I could find were little pillows. I think my price range is $500 max(if it's a great deal on something really expensive like the embody), but I'm trying to keep it at $400 and under.

I've had the Harrington for a while and love it. Lots of good chairs(if not long-lasting) to be had for around 100 bones.

Unfortunately there isn't a lot of places where I'm at (Pittsburgh) where I could try out fancy chairs like the embody. I couldn't pay for something that steep without serious consideration and testing. If it were 50% off somewhere I might bite, as I've heard a few other's mention it as well.

I'm quite surprised there isn't any gel memory foam computer chairs out on the market. I tried looking into them but all I could find were little pillows. I think my price range is $500 max(if it's a great deal on something really expensive like the embody), but I'm trying to keep it at $400 and under.

Temperpedic makes chairs, they're pretty nice, not embody nice but under $200 nice. I know it's not a 'gel' memory foam though.

Ive gone through so many chairs. All of the padding in the but seems to degrade after 6 months. Im a pretty lightweight guy too. Disappointing

I just got a chair big and tall enough and buy a decent memory foam pillow for my butt. Works well.

Idk what kind i have its a leather chair my dad got me back in in 07 and its still holding up its just geting to the point i might have to repad it as the pad is starting to wear.down but i sit in it like 6+ hours a day. Ypu get what you pay for mime was like $700

Well if a "couple hundred" is your budget then the Leap is out. I have one and it is great, but they are more like $600-1200 depending on options and where you get them from. Very worth it though.

actually there is an awesome deal on the leap, check the link. It's only $399.99. I wish there was somewhere nearby that sells it so i can try it out.

Not bad. If you want to try one out, look at Target Commercial Interiors. They may have a distributor in your area and they usually carry Steelcase stuff. They are where I bought mine. If you buy from someone like that it'll cost more, but you can customize anything you like. Personally I got a high back chair, with headrest, black fabric, and mesh backing.

Exec. leather highback Chairs make your spine weak because they are too deep I owned one for 5-6 years they are good for being lazy but they can mess up your back pretty bad you will loose like a CEO Exec in a few years I you buy one =)

actually there is an awesome deal on the leap, check the link. It's only $399.99. I wish there was somewhere nearby that sells it so i can try it out.

From reading several reviews of that store online, seems like most of what they sell is refurbished. So I guess not that hot of a deal.

From reading several reviews of that store online, seems like most of what they sell is refurbished. So I guess not that hot of a deal.

Hmm.. Wouldn't they have to list that in there somewhere? I don't like that you can't get good previews of the other options in the drop down menu. And If I bought one of those I'd like to get the headrest included, but I don't think that's something you can buy after the fact.

http://www.officemax.com/office-furniture/chairs/product-prod2480014

Fuego only 109.00 at Office Max best chair I ever owned goes forward tilts back picked up two of them liked it so much on sales this week only. I'm sure nobody else bought them in your area.

Mesh back is like a god send compared to my last fabric chair.

This is the chair I will be getting, it seems like it goes on sale for around $100 fairly often and it seems way more comfortable than the $400 chair i have at work.

http://www.officemax.com/office-furniture/chairs/product-prod2480014

Fuego only 109.00 at Office Max best chair I ever owned goes forward tilts back picked up two of them liked it so much on sales this week only. I'm sure nobody else bought them in your area.

Mesh back is like a god send compared to my last fabric chair.

Just picked one of these up this morning thanks to your recommendation. Went down and sat in it for a bit, very comfy for a 'cheap' chair.

tumblr_moj7b0333O1spwte1o1_500.jpg

this is what i plan to have made when I win the lottery

Can you lounge in a embody chair? I dont know about you guys but sometimes I like to kick back and put my legs up or whatever, at my personal PC I dont always sit in the "task" position because I'm usually not working. It seems like a high back executive chair with arm wrests that wrap all the way from the seat back to the front of the chair is the only way to enjoy non-task lounge positions.

I recently got an Ikea Markus and its been very good for the money (then again, I came from not having an office chair at all).

Man, look at all those fancy chairs. I got the $49 chair from Walmart in 2009, and I am still going strong with it :)

So I just tried the fuego, wasn't very impressed. It's just too firm, I can't imagine it being comfortable for more than a few hours of use. I do like the adjustment features on it. I felt that the fabric multifunction manager chair by serta was a step higher. But the best office max had to offer was the Serta big & tall fabric chair. That thing is extremely comfortable. Only two problems with it, only a height adjustment and that was broken on the display model, so I wonder about the durability.

Last edited:
Does anyone know of a good chair that isn't a stool but adjusts to over 25"?

Out at office max now. I can feel a bar or something in my lower back on this chair. The fabric version is much more comfortable.

I think that is the adjustable lumbar support, crank it the other way.

Just left IKEA. The markus wasn't anything special, I'm not sure what all the hype is about with this chair. It feels like an ordinary mesh chair with
a tilt option.

Yeah I like my Fuego =) I lift boxes all day so it's a world of difference for me. You really need to play around with the adjustments though the back rest can reline in a few different ways or go forward so your at the edge of it.

You can raise of the back of the chair like 1/2 of foot too which is rare in a task chair for 109.00

Don't play the lottery you will never win I played Mega Millions for like a year straight all I would win is the Mega Ball and get like 2.00 return on a 1.00 ticket.

Play slot machines that are not rigged =)

Last edited:
If you live in a hot climate or if you're a hot-natured person, a mesh chair would be best. On the flip side, if you fart much, the mesh won't be your best friend. ;)

Don't play the lottery you will never win I played Mega Millions for like a year straight all I would win is the Mega Ball and get like 2.00 return on a 1.00 ticket.

Play slot machines that are not rigged =)

Don't play anything unless you think it is fun, all gambling loses money on the whole. There is no legal way to beat the system in any random gambling system. Seriously one of my biggest pet peeves is when people spend any money on gambling thinking they will win. You will get way more enjoyment spending that same dollar on candy or something.

Back